1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Twisting Face snow plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Nov 25, 2010.

  1. MatthewG

    MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,400

  2. cubicinches

    cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,415

    Hiniker makes something similar. They call it a C - Plow.
  3. KSikkema

    KSikkema Senior Member
    Messages: 179

    or is that like a muni plow to allow you to wing the snow to either side, as opposed to the moldboard flipping over for backdragging?
  4. cubicinches

    cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,415

    Yeah... I wasn't looking at it like that. You may be right.
  5. Tracy89

    Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine
    Messages: 167

    A couple of our cities have those on their trucks. the vertical rams alow you to move the top of the blade on the left and the right side independantly so you can roll the snow either way.
  6. keitha

    keitha Senior Member
    Messages: 133

    Looks like a Frink.
    They used to make them in Clayton, NY.
    They used one on a 1 ton for a number of years.


    RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,592

    Ohio highway trucks and some states out east in penn use those plows to plow the interstates. I have seen them in action and they are very cool to see. They can almost get the top of the blade to touch the gound.