hubs

SCAPEASAURUSREX

????? I have replaced the automatic hubs on my ford with Warn Manuals , and they stay locked in during storms / events.. Then that way I just shift the transfer case as I need it... As far as I know automatic hubs are just that , automatic, no locking in or out ??? If you have auto hubs you should just have to shift or puch the button on the dash ?? I may have my jargon off a bit ??? Maybe this is new technology your talkin about though ?:LOL

Rooster

As I was told by a Ford mechanic locally, for the Super Duty F series trucks, the auto/manual hub from Ford:

If your are stuck and your truck will NOT shift into 4wheel drive you can lock the hubs manually then the truck will shift into 4wheel drive, and hopefully allow you to pull yourself out of whatever you are in.

Rick

Therefore making the primary setting of the hubs in automatic for all applications...plowing/off road/etc....and manual for emergency use only..................right? (just checkin)

Land Design

Rooster

Land Design,

That was my thinking, seems like a good statement, not sure.

But on a side of caution I'll engage mine once in awhile any way.

Rick

You have got it right. The manual setting is only needed incase of a failure in the automatic four wheel drive system, ie. vacum leak, ect.
Aside from a failure you should never need to use the manual setting. It is advisable to switch the hubs in and out of the manual setting at every oil change, as they have a tendency to seize up. (see thread on Hub Warning in this forum)

Top Forums