1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mister, Jan 6, 2016.

1. mister

mister Junior Member

I have a Western HTS plow on a Blazer. Works great except that it leaves snow trails. I am having to basically plow the lot twice to pick it all up. Has anyone put wing extensions on an HTS?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What do you mean your leaving trails?
    Little more details

3. mister

mister Junior Member

When i am wind rowing snow to either side, snow falls off the opposite side of the blade. I am used to a little usually towards the end of a run, but this seems excessive with it leaving snow on most of a run.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

To an extent that's normal.
    Need to take less of a bite the deeper the snow.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I don't think there are wings for the HTS but you could fabricates some however..... consider the fact that there is no swivel bar on the HTS which means that the wider the plow is the more the truck suspension has to give to keep the blade on the ground all the way across. Making the plow wider might create more problems than it is worth. After all it's just and HTS....

6. coke813

coke813 Senior Member

I also own an HTS. I think you really just need to adjust how much "bite" you take with each pass. You may only be able to get a half blade width in deeper snow. Also check your speed: if you drive too slow, it might pile up in front and spill over. Do you think you are moving fast enough? Mine seems to throw snow pretty well to the side when I'm moving along.

The HTS does a good job on my driveway, but clearing a parking lot with the narrow blade is more work. That's why everybody on here says "get a bigger truck and put a V-blade on it"

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Get a bigger plow

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

At my shop we call the HTS the "hobby plow," Great for your own driveway even if you can only take 1/2 a swath at a time.

If you look at the HTS the label says Western but does NOT say "contractor grade" like the serious plows. You get what you pay for right.....

9. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa