HOW TO REMOVE SPREADER

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowplowking, Sep 6, 2020.

1. snowplowking

snowplowking Junior Member

I posted this question to an old post not sure if this is right section but here it goes. I own the attached under Tailgate salt Dogg spreader. I am disabled i need advice to remove it from my f350 1 ton dump. Any help greatly appreciated 20200906_225938.jpg

2. seville009

seville009 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CNY

if you want it permanently removed (since it appears you don’t have a hopper) and can’t do it yourself, i’d suggest taking it to a local mechanic shop and have them remove it because it’s possible some corroded bolts may have to be torched off.

3. seville009

from CNY

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It's an under tailgate spreader, open the tailgate, fill the hopper...AFTER opening the spreader door and spread away.

OP Permanently or just for the season?

5. Mark Oomkes

Nevermind, I saw your post in the other thread.

Best way is a piece of equipment with forks or even a loader with a couple chains.

If not, you're going to need some sort of "A-frame" with a chain fall.

m_ice likes this.
  6. seville009

from CNY

Yeah....realized that after I found the installation instructions. Never seen one before. Continually learning.........

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Just a hint...if you don't open the hopper door before raising the dump box, life gets quite a bit more difficult.

Or so I've heard.

Randall Ave likes this.
  8. m_ice

m_ice 2000 Club Member

Like I mentioned in your other thread use a pallet jack, harbor freight has one for $300

9. tynsmyth1

tynsmyth1 Member

Op read your post. As you have a disability I would hope you have someone assisting you with the removal. As for myself I simply use a two ton engine hoist to remove my SS 8 ft spreaders from my chevy silverados. I have even used it to remove my friends Fischer steel spreader from his dully dump truck. I think with a section of chain and a hoist you could safely remove the unit provided a all the hardware is removable. B

10. tynsmyth1

tynsmyth1 Member

By the way my engine hoist is from harbor freight. Three years and no issues. 179 on sale

Avalanche 2500 and m_ice like this.
  11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I was going to say, get a cherry picker. Even if you were not disabled, you are not removing it by hand.

Avalanche 2500 and m_ice like this.
  12. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

I heard a rumor that's exactly what he did already...

13. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, I'm old and slow.