How to make liquid de-icer in large quanities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaguylearning93

Hey, so I've seen guys on here talking about how they make liquid deicier (brine) in quanities of hundreds of gallons per hour or so. Im looking to make my own in large quanities to save money but how do you guys do that?

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
The biggest obstacle to making your own brine is getting the chloride itself.

For instance the shortage in the midwest this year getting setup to make your own brine is pretty much worthless if you can't secure the salt in the first place.

Kubota 8540

2000 Club Member
I don't log in too often anymore, but I do check to see what's new on here. Just busy in my own little world I guess.

Hundreds of gallons per hour, no problem. Thousands of gallons per hour, get your check book out and grab the fire hose.

Kubota 8540

2000 Club Member
To think I started making brine in a 275 IBC tote, a 5 gallon bucket with holes in it, a submersible sump pump and a 2 gallon pail for filling with salt. A lot of trial and error. Simply crazy. LOL

OP
J

justaguylearning93

I don't log in too often anymore, but I do check to see what's new on here. Just busy in my own little world I guess.

Hundreds of gallons per hour, no problem. Thousands of gallons per hour, get your check book out and grab the fire hose.

Lol ok so i was considering making my own brine but right now a machine is far too expensive. Could I get a couple of huge 25 Gallon pots, boil water and make the solution that way? Is there a way to make good brine without a machine?

Broncslefty7

2000 Club Member
this is how we do it, 2 275g totes, once you hit your salinity goal you pump it into the two big tanks. I think we are going to refine the system a bit this year, and add some key items.

IMG_1321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums