Snow Plowing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I've seen guys on here talking about how they make liquid deicier (brine) in quanities of hundreds of gallons per hour or so. Im looking to make my own in large quanities to save money but how do you guys do that?

·
Registered
14,462 Posts

·
Registered
52,815 Posts
The biggest obstacle to making your own brine is getting the chloride itself.

For instance the shortage in the midwest this year getting setup to make your own brine is pretty much worthless if you can't secure the salt in the first place.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I don't log in too often anymore, but I do check to see what's new on here. Just busy in my own little world I guess.

Hundreds of gallons per hour, no problem. Thousands of gallons per hour, get your check book out and grab the fire hose.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
To think I started making brine in a 275 IBC tote, a 5 gallon bucket with holes in it, a submersible sump pump and a 2 gallon pail for filling with salt. A lot of trial and error. Simply crazy. LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,989 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't log in too often anymore, but I do check to see what's new on here. Just busy in my own little world I guess.

Hundreds of gallons per hour, no problem. Thousands of gallons per hour, get your check book out and grab the fire hose.
Lol ok so i was considering making my own brine but right now a machine is far too expensive. Could I get a couple of huge 25 Gallon pots, boil water and make the solution that way? Is there a way to make good brine without a machine?

·
Registered
52,815 Posts
Charcoal is the best bang for your buck for boiling the water.

(Wish that was my idea, but it was @Landgreen)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.