1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

how to get transit plates????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ctsvnino, Feb 28, 2011.

  1. ctsvnino

    ctsvnino Junior Member
    from jersey
    Messages: 14

    i went to dmv in NJ and asked to fill out a corp code for them but i have a corp code already with my company . don't understand any information will help.
  2. tjlands

    tjlands Senior Member
    Messages: 579

    If you have the corp code already then you answered that question, you will also need proof of insurance and then all you have to do is pay.
    I still believe they make you get several not just one, but that might have changed, haven't done it in a while.
  3. rcn971

    rcn971 Senior Member
    Messages: 213

    It is $135 per year and you get 5 sets of plates. You can not put them on a truck and travel site to site for plowing. You can use them to transport only unless they are going on a machine. The insurance they want to see is not your vehicle insurance but your liability policy for your business. Hope this helps.