Snow Plowing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
jhenderson9196;2107270 said:
They THINK they can do the work you do? Who are you, superman? If I ever make a statement like that I hope someone hits me with something so heavy they need help to lift it. I've spent too much time around young men who can work circles around so called contractors to ever make such a foolish statement. The kid needs good info and encouragement not a BS attitude.
He was given advice. He was told that he is too young to be properly insured and he threw the advice back saying that he doesn't need it because he wouldn't hit anything.

So don't tell me how to treat him when he is like every other kid who comes on here asking for advice and then tells us off.

Exactly. jhenderson9196, would you want a 16 year old uninsured kid plowing your property who's NEVER plowed in a truck before? Your statement was ignorant as hell. Please tell me, exactly how a 16 year old who has never plowed before will "run circles" around the rest of us so called contractors??? If you don't have insurance you have no business being in a plow truck, period.

It wasn't that the kid was right. It was the arrogance of the klown that got to me. Of all the responses only a couple were of any value. The rest were self agrandising drivel that passes fo advice here at times. Simply trying to make them feel good about themselves by belittling someone else. There's no lower form of gratification. If you don't want to encourage a young man who wants to learn you could at least have the common decency remain silent.

jhenderson9196;2107350 said:
It wasn't that the kid was right. It was the arrogance of the klown that got to me. Of all the responses only a couple were of any value. The rest were self agrandising drivel that passes fo advice here at times. Simply trying to make them feel good about themselves by belittling someone else. There's no lower form of gratification. If you don't want to encourage a young man who wants to learn you could at least have the common decency remain silent.
I was not going to post but had to now as I agree with you.

The kid has a possible good opportunity (living on a farm) to grow into a business some day IF he is a go getter. I was driving farm/construction equipment at age 10 on my folks farm and this kid could possibly be doing the same thing. Some of that equipment is a lot more technical than a snowplow truck. Lol...

He should look into the insurance thing though. These days with all the sue happy people I would be nervous as hell.

I don't believe I said a single derogatory thing to the kid. Simply that he wasn't going to get insurance at his age, and that I didn't recommend learning how to plow at the same time that he's learning how to drive legally on State/County roads.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
All I was asking for was a little advice on how to unattached and reattach a plow. Wasn't sure if there was welding involved or just bolts, which I now believe it is mainly bolted on. Wasn't asking for advice on insurance and what not and not saying I wont hit anything, because I'm not perfect. I'm confident enough to plow without insurance and pay up if and when i hit something.
And to the guy who figured I was a bonehead kid with a big jacked up truck.... Both the 6.0 and 7.3 are all stock except for the exhaust systems and Chips. Thanks for your concern about insurance, but I can handle that if and when it comes down to it.

See, just your comment about paying up WHEN you hit something just shows your lack of knowledge and understanding. When you hit something it will cost many THOUSANDS in damages, and that's if it's not a person. Are you going to tell me that you've got thousands sitting in your checking account at 16? And your auto insurance won't pay a dime towards it. Your parents will be completely exposed. Just do yourself a favor, and stop posting here, because each comment you make shows your lacking.

Adcaplan8;2107374 said:
All I was asking for was a little advice on how to unattached and reattach a plow. Wasn't sure if there was welding involved or just bolts, which I now believe it is mainly bolted on. Wasn't asking for advice on insurance and what not and not saying I wont hit anything, because I'm not perfect. I'm confident enough to plow without insurance and pay up if and when i hit something.
And to the guy who figured I was a bonehead kid with a big jacked up truck.... Both the 6.0 and 7.3 are all stock except for the exhaust systems and Chips. Thanks for your concern about insurance, but I can handle that if and when it comes down to it.
getting cocky now....
As a farm " kid" should know or be able to figure out how to get it off.

Are the trucks stock, because they are your dads trucks?

Kid, you don't know the first thing about being in business.

I mean, your going to do this for $
Then guess what buck-a-roo your in business.

Now you need a LLC, or the like
You know a busness LIC..
I mean your going to pay your taxes right?
and be a legit busies , right?
Ho wait you can't, your to young, but your parents can.

Next, liability insurance,
Your parents will need to help you out again.
Then when the agent finds our your age the cost of the INS will skyrocket.
Guess what, things will happen that you will not be able to stop or control nor do you know what to do.
You will do or not do things that you can be held responsible for.
You can be sued,

Ho wait, they will sue your parents.
a I'm not making it up, your dad could loose the farm.

so yea, BONEHEAD , you don't need commercial vehicle insurance that covers your new business of plowing show.

ps Jhen.....
save it,
If he the "kid"wants to be a businessman then treat him as a man and not a "kid".

working on the "farm" is not the same thing.
we have laws off of the farm.
He can't even work certain hrs in some states.

only on the farm . family exemption.

already dressed in my last post
save it

I dont careJ

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
If y'all were actual businessmen you would know that right now, there are thousands and thousands of people operating businesses illegally. I know of atleast 10 guys just in my small town that do lawn care without being licensed or insured. It also shouldn't surprise you that one has been operating for over 25 years. That's because a real businessman knows that not everybody pays Uncle Sam his taxes. Don't act like half of you didn't get paid under the table for summer jobs back in highschool and don't act like half of you didn't work more hours than child labor laws would allow you to. Say you didn't, you can't deny that you don't know of people who did this or still do it.
To the other guy, the trucks are stock because I've paid for all my own repairs and realized if I put oversized tires or a lift on either truck it would make me have to pay to replace parts more often because of the added stress put on them.
Just asked a simple question, no need to be dicks. Great community this forum has here.
But hey, I'm just a kid, what do I know?

Adcaplan8;2107432 said:
If y'all were actual businessmen you would know that right now, there are thousands and thousands of people operating businesses illegally. I know of atleast 10 guys just in my small town that do lawn care without being licensed or insured. It also shouldn't surprise you that one has been operating for over 25 years. That's because a real businessman knows that not everybody pays Uncle Sam his taxes. Don't act like half of you didn't get paid under the table for summer jobs back in highschool and don't act like half of you didn't work more hours than child labor laws would allow you to. Say you didn't, you can't deny that you don't know of people who did this or still do it.
To the other guy, the trucks are stock because I've paid for all my own repairs and realized if I put oversized tires or a lift on either truck it would make me have to pay to replace parts more often because of the added stress put on them.
Just asked a simple question, no need to be dicks. Great community this forum has here.
Dude, I starting paying taxes when I was in the 7th grade
And no i wasn't a paper boy.

So do two wrongs make a right

But,,,, he did it....

No prob ask away,
But Ya got a attitude,
One that has Ya thinking Ya have all the answers in life, and Ya can do as Ya please.

Good luck get emancipated so you don't ruin what your dad has built

Adcaplan8;2107432 said:
Like I said earlier, every time you open your mouth out comes more ignorance. You know, you're better off to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid, than to open it and prove them right. Go figure out how to mount and dismount your own plow. I won't help you do the wrong thing.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Well, no thanks to you, I'm pretty sure I have it figured out. Hopefully, I won't hit a kid or damage a mailbox while I'm unhooking it, get sued, oh wait, I can't, my dad will get sued and maybe lose the farm. Hopefully that wont come true with your twisted logic. Stupid, ignorant? Nah, sitting on a 3.72 gpa right now in 5 AP classes, but yea, I'm dumb.

This thread has actually become quite comedic, please humor me with another response.

johnnywaz;2107363 said:
I was not going to post but had to now as I agree with you.

The kid has a possible good opportunity (living on a farm) to grow into a business some day IF he is a go getter. I was driving farm/construction equipment at age 10 on my folks farm and this kid could possibly be doing the same thing. Some of that equipment is a lot more technical than a snowplow truck. Lol...

He should look into the insurance thing though. These days with all the sue happy people I would be nervous as hell.
I agree, I learned to drive tractors when I was 8 and learned to drive the neighbors stick shift pick up when I was 11. When I was 12 to 14 I would plow a lot of the neighbors drives on snow days with the tractor.

And no I didn't have a legit business or pay taxes or have insurance, I just did it.

Better stay in school and take some business classes.

But why, you know it all.

When that old person falls and breaks a hip becuce they fell
Stepping over your windrow or slipped on that ice .
You know that water that leached out of your pile you left by the door and refroze.
The fall could result in them Requiring 24 hr care for the rest of their life.

How are you going to pay for it?

You have all the answers, you told us your smart,
So how?
How are you going to pay for the driveway you lowed up
Or that deck you just taped...
Or that gas service on the side of the house next to the drive
Well ho I know with the money you didn't pay in taxes or insurance

Adcaplan8;2107447 said:
Well, no thanks to you, I'm pretty sure I have it figured out. Hopefully, I won't hit a kid or damage a mailbox while I'm unhooking it, get sued, oh wait, I can't, my dad will get sued and maybe lose the farm. Hopefully that wont come true with your twisted logic. Stupid, ignorant? Nah, sitting on a 3.72 gap right now in 5 AP classes, but yea, I'm dumb.

This thread has actually become quite comedic, please humor me with another response.
Hahaha these guys get riled up easily. Gotta have thick skin to ask questions on this entire site. Some of them have probably been sipping the sauce for hours now to. Some of the earlier posters answered your orginal post. All the truck side brackets should just be bolted to the truck. But I have seen some ******* setups that were welded to the frame before. The plow manufacturer should have installation PDF/s for your particular year.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Well, using your irrational logic, I'd buy a megamillions ticket and win big, oh wait, I'm too young to buy one and it's illegal to get someone to buy one for me. Bummer.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Thanks Johnny, that's what I thought I had figured out today when I took a look at the truck. Appreciate you giving me the answer I was looking for and not some bs.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.