• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

How much snow you guys get?

ShortCuts

Here in Durham NH we got 28 inches. Absolute nightmare! I don't plow so I see backache, not dollar signs, when it snows. I'm just curious how the rest of you guys in the Northeast did in terms of snowfall.

oh........they are talking about another big one moving up the east coast on fri-sat.

jrodgers

well lets see we got about 30 inches and if you subtract 29 from that it should be right around what we got here in South Jersey BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG DISAPOINTMENT for alot of guys here weather people around here didnt even come close. It started out there was going to be 1 to2 feet then they said oh well now it is going to be maybe a foot then they said well 6 to 12 then 4 to 6 then 2 to4 four and today they said 1 to 3 and it snowed some but didnt stick at all I am not counting on anything for this weekend.........

crash22201

Here in central new jersey there is a lot of disappointed
plow guys even me. everyone was well ready for 2 feet of snow. every body got machines for (THE BIG ONE)here.
nothin but a 1/2 inch here.
I would not count on this weekend
either. Until i see it.

HandyHaver

Well here in the burbs of "The City of Brotherly Love"
(really, just watch the news) we got about an inch of slush and about an inch of powder. A very big bust considering all the hype. Not even going to watch the weather for this one coming in this week-end till I see flakes.

Mark

PlowSite.com Addict
Looks like it's all over now, in total we had around 12" where I am, which is about 90 miles north of Toronto Canada. Funny thing was, with all the hype about the east coast I don't recall much being said by our local weatherguessers regarding that foot of snow!

OP
S

ShortCuts

it's been snowing since I first posted this thread. It's just spitting now......thank god it's over. I went out with the yardstick about 1/2 hour ago, the updated total in durham........32 INCHES!

TLS

PlowSite.com Addict
Here in Sunny Trappe, PA, we got 51........milimeters of slush covered by 22.........milimeters of powder. We were joking at work (ACME Supermarkets) on Saturday and Sunday. We broke an ALL TIME one day sales record on Saturday with $142,000 in sales. Busier than any holiday! Anyway, we joked that [This weather forcast sponsored by ACME MARKETS] People were going nucking futs buying everything and anything that they could fit in their carts! People I have never seen before in the store were there buying Milk, Juice, Eggs, Bread, Toilet Paper, Spring Water. It was like Y2K all over again! Oh well. I'm glad we didn't get the 1-2+ feet that they were predicting. Those BIG storms are a pain in the but! I made more $ per hour plowing this slush than I would have with a Blizzard.

I hear you there Buddy Row!!! If it was available at the market, it wasnt by the end of the first day -LOL. People were going out of their minds and all here too.

the serious problem will be when people have lost all faith oin the forecasters and begin to disregard their *.*warnings*.* Wait until you see the death tolls fom storms then.

Sad but true.
kris

greenquestlawn

Well, Im not from the North East but here in MI (Well west Michigan) I was surprised on Mon we got snow! It was hard to tell how much probably 3-4 inches but boy did it drift up in spots. some of the areas had 1" others had 12-15 inches. (mostly loading docks and parking areas on the East side of the buildings.) Had taken my plow off a week earlier.