How much snow per year?

Just curious, how much does you area average in accumilation per year and how many trips do you average?
In Rochester I dont know our specific average but I think its over 120". Cant speak for the commercials but I know the residentials average 18 trips per season with 3" triggers.
I know this doesnt mean much, I was just wondering what the numbers are like in yor areas?

jkkalbers

Minneapolis We ususally get about 65" with an average of 13 plows. Most plows ever for me in a year was 23 that was 2 years ago. We go at 1 1/2". But I would say our average snowfall is 4-6" per storm

DanG

I think we average 50-60" per year. And average 10-12 pushes.
Last year only had 5.( 2 in one storm and then 3 small Storms)

Dan

Got Grass?

lol, I believe the AVG. in Rochester is higher then here in Buffalo becasue you get more small storms. cant remember exactly what is is here as the Avg. changes every year. Last 2 years we got hammerd. Altho I still have a distant memory of only a few ft total one year. Wonder if the NWS updated their site since the last time I checked????...

PINEISLAND1

PlowSite.com Veteran
30 yr average here is 75 inches, but with lake effect you really notice a difference moving just 5-10 miles in any direction.

Last year was high with 105 inches, this year we have 11.6 inches so faras of last night.

We base our 1 inch accounts at 20-22 pushes per season.

OP
C

copandplower

correction

Couldnt find the datta before I started the thread but I just discovered that our average in Rochester is 95".
I guess the 120" was wishfull thinking LOL.

long0

We average 200" - 220" per season, with somewhere between 50 - 60 events. That is only for Sept thru March.

About 6 years ago, I had to hookup the plow on July 5th. :eek: :confused: 22" of wet heavy slop. It all melted away in a day or two. I am still undecided on liking snow in the summer.

Andy