Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
I generally start them in at 15.Once they know the jobs and show dependability they get raises up to 20 hr.After the storm is over usually next day or two I review their schedule and time spent on each job.If someone is doing extremely well I stop by their house or call them to meet for lunch,afterwards I tell them how good of a job they have done and how much I appreciate their willingness to get up at 2or 3 A.M. Upon departing I hand them an envelope to show my appreciation.It usually contains between 50 - 100 dollars.This gets them motivated,makes them work extra hard.If schedule is not impressive they just get their pay.

incentive

I don't have any employees at this time, but I do have experience with pay for production. If a driver was driving my truck efficiency would be part of the incentive, but I would observe him plowing before giving him a bonus for being fast. When parts start falling off of the truck I would be paying again, if you know what I mean. I think I would base my incentives on, reliability, flexibility, customer compliments, my own observations, demenstrated care for equipment, efficiency, independence, and compliance to procedures.

I run a skidsteer with a pusherbox and get $13.00 per hour, when I was on the sidewalk crew I got the same. I'm not realy sure what the other guys get, but two of my friends work for the company too and both get 12.00, one drives a truck and the other does whatever they tell him to do, sometimes he drives, sometimes he does sidewalks.

Trimline-$6:00 an hour and like it? I dont think that such a person exists any were in this country!plus I couldent sleep at night knowing the ching Im pulling down during a storm! we pay our shovelers 12 an hour buy all ther coffee and food and usually work at least 14 hours,(I bet 1/2 the time the do nothing but stand by the side while the drivers push)our drivers of our trucks get 32 per hour Is this considered high or low? how much do you pay subs who use there oun trucks and equipment?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.