Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am finally taking a dive into snow plowing on the commercial side (Have my own landscaping business) and I will be buying an 8 foot snow plow for my f250. I took a picture of the location ant it is shown below. The client wants us to snow plow the red areas (street) and blue areas (sidewalks). In total, this is what I am working with:
  • 27000 square feet of street areas
  • 16000 square feet of driveway areas
  • 2 inch trigger
I have a snow blower for the driveways and will be buying an 8 foot snow plow for my f250 . For something like this, i have taken into account my worker, insurance (Workers comp and liability) and gas.

My bid for this is at 500 for the street areas (Assuming removal of 6700 square feet of snow per hour)
500 for the driveway areas (I'm assuming removal of 5000 square feet per hour)

What do you guys think?
Land lot Urban design Map Line World

Attachments

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Hi guys, I am finally taking a dive into snow plowing on the commercial side (Have my own landscaping business) and I will be buying an 8 foot snow plow for my f250. I took a picture of the location ant it is shown below. The client wants us to snow plow the red areas (street) and blue areas (sidewalks). In total, this is what I am working with:
  • 2 inch trigger
I have a snow blower for the driveways and will be buying an 8 foot snow plow for my f250 . For something like this, i have taken into account my worker, insurance (Workers comp and liability) and gas.

My bid for this is at 500 for the street areas (Assuming removal of 6700 square feet of snow per hour)

What do you guys think?
View attachment 258141
Why aren't you plowing all the road between the red areas?
And that's a LOT of sidewalk to use a slowblower ( not a mis spelling) on.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Thank you. I do also have a mini skid steer with a plow. Do you think thats a better option?
Yes.
What's the speed on that?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Like a dingo? Or ditch witch?
4.1 mph? That’s pretty slow, win the property first, then get a quad
Yeah,that's better than walking,but still way to slow, and a long time to be out in sitty,cold weather.
But dollar for dollar the quad is the fastest,lowest cost option.
I sure like my tractors.
Couldn't imagine going back to a walk behind blower.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
you must rake it in during the winter lol. Thats a lot of money per plow.
I have buildings loaded up with rich liberals who are either in another country or petrified of snow so I make them pay , I been at it for 25years they are the same people who think the barista in Starbucks should make 35$ an hour pouring coffee . on top of it no one wants to drive into boston I dont mind

·
Registered
85 Posts
  • 2 inch trigger

What do you guys think?
View attachment 258141
6700 sq ft per hour in a truck or on sidewalks with a blower?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts