how many of you guys run the sectionals on wheel loaders? whats your experience with them

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by p0wd3rp1l0t, Jan 9, 2020.

1. p0wd3rp1l0t

p0wd3rp1l0t Junior Member

thinking about ordering one to replace a protech for one of our loaders. we do all pavement lots and have an issue with day storms and snow packing down from heavy traffic that we have to use a lot of salt to get to burn through. from the videos i have saw on youtube, they seem to scrape really good, but whats your guy's first hand experience with them? i live in a small town of about 10k people and out of the snow removal companies that are here, none of them have one or anything like it.

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

I think many will chime in about broken blocks and other issues. Metalpless seems to be a favorite among many on this forum. They will help you make an informed decision.

3. m_ice

m_ice PlowSite.com Addict

We have 1 and it serves its purpose. We seldom break blocks. When we do it's frustrating to fix in the field but not the end of the world.
    As mentioned, alot of guys here prefer the MP livebox over the Sectionals. The MP pricing is finally down were we will strongly be considering that route the next time a pusher purchase comes up.

4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

First season on a used LD we bought, use it on a 14K Telehandler. Replaced ALL the blocks, shoes and cutting edges prior to placing it in service, and I am very impressed how it scrapes. Peels packed snow like a putty knife and we certainly use less salt in those lots. We have a Kage and a Boss pusher as well on two other machines and we will keep the Kage which has been bullet proof as far as service and reliability goes. I cannot speak to reliability of the Arctic, but so far so good, I think your operator has to view instructional videos on the Arctic and understand how it works. I am a little nervous with the poly blocks, and have spares in case they fail, but the way it rolls snow and scrapes impresses me. Good luck with your purchase!