• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

how can i lift my 03 2500 2 inches

Got Grass?

Cheepest way to get a little extra lift would be to crank up the torsion bars a few turns (search: torsion bar adjustment) thats free. Also concider installing some Timberlins, exelent results for the cost. If your looking to raise it even further then the only option would be a lift kit & larger tires but then your looking at quite a few pennys.

I assume it's becasue your truck sits so low w/ the plow on. So start with the torsion bars for a quick fix, then order the load boosters.

scottL

PlowSite.com Addict
Yes. Twist the bars a few turns. Makes sure not to raise more then 2 inch. More than that will cause your front end not to have any room for movememnt and through your tires out of alignment. In the back end go to a good spring shop and have them add 2 help leafs. This should cost less than $200. I've done this 3 years ago... It's been great!

OP
A

arcticzl

western plow?

i have a 03 western plow unimount. it was on my 03 truck and the plow shop had to cut my valance for instalation.Now western has come up with a plow mount that goes under the valance without cuting any thing. i asked the plow shop if i could put these on my 05 and still use my o3 plow.they said yes but i would have to bring the plow in so they can reconfigure the plow. i see no adjustment on the plow, any idea what they are talking about ,i want to do this at home ,id rather not load this thing in my truck if i dont have to,im trying to save a little $ for gas

ARCIC.............To raise your truck..............

Mark torsion bar bolts and crossmember for reference.
(in case you mess up)

Jack up front of truck some to take the weight off.
(easier to turn bolts)

Use 18 mm socket and turn bolt heads clockwise to raise
counterclock wise to lower.

About 5-6 turns should get ya 1-2 inch lift.
No alignment should be necessary............

note: Bolts MAY BE uneven or turned in or out uneven
before or after you start and yes they are supposed to be
cockeyed too........................geo

Mebes

arcticzl said:
i have a 03 western plow unimount........ i asked the plow shop if i could put these on my 05 and still use my o3 plow.they said yes but i would have to bring the plow in so they can reconfigure the plow. i see no adjustment on the plow, any idea what they are talking about ,i want to do this at home ,id rather not load this thing in my truck if i dont have to,im trying to save a little $ for gas
See my reply in this post for an explanation of the ultra mount adjusting procedure.

If you own a tape measure and a couple of hand tools you can reconfigure the plow yourself.

raptorman03

If you want to raise the front ther Right way Get some new torsin keys so it will level it out. If you just crank the bars anyway make sure you get your truck alined or your tires will go to **** fast.

tim975

Hey coachglynn, no I haven't used that setup yet, I will probably get it when the front end needs rebuilding on my truck. I like the fact that their upper control arms include the "bolt in" upper ball joints.