Homemade liquid deicer spay bar?

Grshppr

I am thinking of getting into doing liquid deicing next year, and I am wondering if there is a way to make my own spray bar. I have a 100 gal sprayer with pump etc, but all I need is the bar (10 ft or so). From looking at one of the city trucks in our area, it appears to be a basic setup,PVC pipe with holes in it.

I was hopeing somebode could tell me what diameter of pipe to use, diameter of holes, and how far apart the should be. Would I be better off just buying one from a supplier?

Thanks in advance, and I'd appreciate any other input you can give. :help:

capital

spray bars

We used normal garden hose running off two electric pumps to a metal bar fitted to a receiver hitch for are brine sprayer. Each hose has itsown head and nozzle. Thus far am happy and cost was alot less than pvc or stainless steel. Plus if u back into anything, we are figuring easier to fix a hose than pvc or metal.

ceaman

Give me a call and I can tell you how we made ours. It is similar to dultmeiers 80" prebuilt unit. Ours has 6 changable tips and I am thinking of adding 2 more to spray past the truck/boom width.

You should use solid stream nozzles for treating hardpack (2 X product)

For pretreating in parking lots and drives I would reccomend a fan nozzle (1 X product)

dultmeiers unit
http://www.dultmeier.com/product.asp?pf_id=DU1-1/4BOOM&dept_id='9.3.2.'

OP
G

Grshppr

Thanks for the info guys, I got in touch with a company a half hour from here, and they are going to help me get a system set up. They also gave me the number to a local supplier of magnesium chloride. Happy New Year!:drinkup: ....only if your not getting any snow tonight...;)

Top Forums