1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Holley carb parts/366(?) needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by uglytruk, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. uglytruk

    uglytruk Member
    Messages: 74

    I just bought a '77 GMC 6500 dump truck. I believe it has a 366 with a Holley square bore. The accecerator pump cam seems to be worn, therefore the pump is dead. The dealer doesn't talk 1977. Any ideas for this part? Andrew G :rolleyes: olt
  2. lawnmedic

    lawnmedic Senior Member
    Messages: 703

    Buy a new carb. Cost should only be about 300.00 With no emissions...
  3. derekbroerse

    derekbroerse 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,377

    First I would determine what model carb it is. Check (and clean if necessary, dont let crap fall down the carb) around the choke horn/body, I think the numbers are stamped there. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Model 1850 or one of its derivatives (600cfm, vaccuum secondaries, also known as the 'clean air carb' by Summit b/c it is generally tuned for efficiency)

    Once you know the model number, you can go to any knowledgable engine rebuilder shop, preferably one that builds engines for dirt track or drag racers etc. because they will know Holley carbs quite well, and often have a few 'parts carbs' etc. Otherwise, they will know what parts to get you or can even rebuild the whole carb if required. It will be anywhere from a little cheaper to a whole lot cheaper (especially just replacing the squirter) than a new carb.
  4. ratplow408

    ratplow408 Member
    from PA
    Messages: 33

    carb cam

    Try Jegs or summit, they sell assortted cam kits.
  5. bodhidexter

    bodhidexter Junior Member
    from ma
    Messages: 11

    your carb most likely had a governor (does it have a overspeed light in instrument cluster?) any squarebore holley with gm linkage should drop right in but would not have governor-i do not know if this is a big deal.do online search or check out- carbs unlimited,bfic carbs only,carb factory,recarbo. i have holley carb from 1979 gmc 7000 366 allison auto, worked fine but crossover tube leaked(o-rings?)let me know if interested