1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Spreaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ljbev, Dec 16, 2001.

  1. ljbev

    ljbev Senior Member
    Messages: 201

    Hello all I have been reading posts a gathering valuable info from this site. Thanks to all:D

    I did a search but did not get any info for hiniker spreaders..I got the info on the plows and was not very good.

    My dealer in the are is selling the 1.8yd w10hp techumpsa(not the right spelling)$2995. I know these guys a while and I know they will stand behind the equip. so that should not be a problem.

    Anyone have any experience with these?

    I would go elsewhere and get a western or fisher but I deal with this place regularly for salt, repairs, etc. and it is the cheapest price.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  2. CT18fireman

    CT18fireman Banned
    Messages: 2,133

    If you are going to spend money on a new spreader and are going to stay in the business I would suggest that you get a stainless model. I don't know if Hiniker makes one but I would suggest going that route. Definately worth the extra expense in the long run.
  3. Kent Lawns

    Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran
    Messages: 315

    That's cheap for a V-Box 10hp 2yd spreader.

    The Tecumseh 10hp is a good winter engine. Starts reliably in cold weather.

    My experience with salt spreaders (Boss, Buyers, Meyer, Western, Henderson) is that maintenance is about 85% of reliability. The other 15% is quality workamnship, design, proper application, proper set-up & quality wiring.