Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called a local truck outfitter today and asked about prices for a MP Highway, 1.8yd, stainless with the propac (honda engine) and was quoted $5200 and change (plus 400 for install :eek: ). I have a couple questions, first does this seem high for this unit, (the install seems absurd) second does anbody know of a Highway dealer in New Hampshire (no sales tax). Thanks for any replies.

·
2000 Club Member
2,074 Posts
I don't know about the hiway, but there isn't much to the install on a Torwell, if you know basic wiring you can do it yourself. I transferred mine from one truck to another in a couple hours.

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
1,000 Posts
Call EW Sleeper in Concord,NH . (800) 358-6007 or (603) 225-7711. they sell highway spreaders,swaploaders, larochelle snow removal equipment. to quote a price in an ad from september, they had a 1.7yrd highway MP 10hp tecumseh $2,995 cash and carry, reg steel.

bryan

·
Banned
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pelican I now do plan on installing one myself (if it was 100-150 I would let them do it) I installed my warren when new and it was pretty easy. What I don't understand is why its about $300 to install a plow and $400 to install a spreader? It shouldn't take an experienced installer more than one to two hours TOPS to install a spreader on a pickup. This guy is known to be on the high end when it comes to prices but this seems nuts :mad: .

EDIT: Thanks snow for the heads up on the spreader!

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
I would love to install spreaders all day compared to doing a plow. Connect the wires, grease and strap it down. Fill the engine with oil and gas, connect the battery and you are done.

I would go with Dino on this one though:eek: I am leaning towards going to stainless electrics as my gassers wear out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.