Snow Plowing Forum banner

Hide-away strobes in 00 Cherokee Classic

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  korelandscaping 
#1 · (Edited)
Hideaway strobes in 00 Cherokee Classic

Has anyone installed hideaway strobes in the tailight turn signals of a 98-01 Jeep XJ (Cherokee Classic)? How hard of a job was it? How well do they fit? Brand/Part numbers?

Thanks,

Fran

#2 ·
rear strobe lights

I don't even have a plow yet, but I have had the rear lenses off my cherokee sport before. I assume they are roughly the same as the ones on my 94. If that is the case there is actually a spot for a third bulb in the lense that is unused. Could be a perfect spot for your stobe bulb. It is located in the middle of the lense from top to bottom.

#3 ·
bryanj23 said:
I don't even have a plow yet, but I have had the rear lenses off my cherokee sport before. I assume they are roughly the same as the ones on my 94. If that is the case there is actually a spot for a third bulb in the lense that is unused. Could be a perfect spot for your stobe bulb. It is located in the middle of the lense from top to bottom.
Bryan, before I posted I removed the rear lense and don't recall seeing an unused hole. There didn't seem to be enough free surface area to drill a 1 inch hole :mad: needed for the hideaway strobes. The newer (98 - 01) XJs must have a different lense housing than the older ones.

Fran

#4 ·
JeepTJ said:
Bryan, before I posted I removed the rear lense and don't recall seeing an unused hole. There didn't seem to be enough free surface area to drill a 1 inch hole :mad: needed for the hideaway strobes. The newer (98 - 01) XJs must have a different lense housing than the older ones.

Fran
That sucks...on my 94 there is a spot for a third tail light bulb right between the two that are there. I remember thinking that would be a perfect spot for that application. I don't recall what the taillights of the newer ones look like. It was just a guess. I don't know where else you would go with them unless you wanted to give up your third break light and put them in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.