1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

hi speed 4 way flashers

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ant, Apr 19, 2001.

  1. ant

    ant Junior Member
    Messages: 24

    i seen a construction truck on the road that had it's 4 ways on and they were sharp,noticeable.i seen them on un marked cop cars. were can i get them?
    did anybody ever install them?
  2. eskals

    eskals Member
    Messages: 40

    Do you mean strobes?

  3. thelawnguy

    thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,011

    Probably LED lights. They are available for limited applications, or you can buy universal lights for dump trucks, flatbeds etc.

    They are so noticeable because they illuminate within 1/100th of a second of power applied, vs 1/10 for traditional incandescent bulbs.
  4. ant

    ant Junior Member
    Messages: 24

    yes i think they are called strobes.
    they take the place of your 4-ways.
  5. cat320

    cat320 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,224

    try galls or look at the gote catalog online.They have led strobes and rear stops lights.
  6. summitgroundskeeping

    summitgroundskeeping Junior Member
    Messages: 9

    Go to a

    seach engine and look up police car kits, head light flasher, ect. But remember, those kits can be costly $$$$$.
  7. guido

    guido PlowSite.com Veteran
    Messages: 261

    AW Direct


    Commonly called wig wags, on State troopers cars and a lot of State trucks, etc. They work great, we had them on a few tow trucks. They don't come cheap though!

    I believe the kits are $300 plus, depending if you want just front or rear or both. They also sell them for use in the grill, bumpers, etc.

    Hope this helps!

    Oh yeah, I've had really great service using AWdirect and they have the LED's also. Lots of good truck and towing accessories.

    Hope this helps!
  8. Kevin Pinhard

    Kevin Pinhard Junior Member
    Messages: 1


    I have a 97 F350 and was looking for strobes this week! I found some that mount in with your hazard lights they don't replace them they mount beside them! I haven't got them yet so I can't say how good they are but the salesman told they are really noticeable> I found them at a local car stereo store where they sell the beefed up sound systems and also those neon lights you see on cars! The kit comes with two strobes and a controller that mounts under your dash to control how fast or slow the strobes go, cost $80.00. Two more strobe bulbs for the back were $50.00, cost of installation for them to install $50.00. So for less than $200.00 I could have high visability strobe flashers. I would think that if you went to any car stereo store where they sell those neon lights you should be able to find them, Hope this helps!!!!!