Snow Plowing Forum banner

Hi!!!/ Sand Question

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kolwnmstr 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. For the past few years ive been only doing residential plowing.. Well this year i was offered a couple parking lots and i took them. I bought a brand new polycaster 1.5 yd and its pretty great. My question is does anyone use straight sand in their sanders? ive been using salt sand mix, but at $50/yd im kinda not making much at all when i sand my lots. I asked the guy at the place i get sand and he said it would freeze solid in my sander... So what do you think is he full of s**t or do i really need to use mixed sand?
:waving:

#2 ·
i had that happen but i think it got wet then flash froze i only buy rock salt

#3 ·
voodooshrimps;2098759 said:
Hi everyone. For the past few years ive been only doing residential plowing.. Well this year i was offered a couple parking lots and i took them. I bought a brand new polycaster 1.5 yd and its pretty great. My question is does anyone use straight sand in their sanders? ive been using salt sand mix, but at $50/yd im kinda not making much at all when i sand my lots. I asked the guy at the place i get sand and he said it would freeze solid in my sander... So what do you think is he full of s**t or do i really need to use mixed sand?
:waving:
I use all types of material..salt..sand and salt...sand...gravel... Anything that dosent have salt in will freeze. Unless it is completely dry and free of moisture...the last thing you want is a frozen hopper of sand...been there...I use some rock chips and they bust up fairly easy...but if it is long distance it will freeze up...but adding window washer fluid does help a little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.