Hey! Who went to SIMA Kentucky

Chrisxl64

Didn't go down to Kentucky, but this past week I was invited to a demo of the Snow-Way Mega Revo, and OMG can you say rediculoid huge. Snazzy piece of equipment with the hinges versus sliding hydraulics like blizzard, but looks way complex, UBER heavy, and kinda silly looking if you ask me.

JD Dave

PlowSite Fanatic
You'll never learn more about snow anywhere else in the world. This is my second year attending and Sima gets you contact with the best machinery and people that the snow industry has to offer. I'll be going again next year.

RLM

PlowSite.com Addict
Went last year & this year as there as well, met Dave, Jerre Scott & Paul. Planning on RI next year. I'm going to try to get up to Paul's show in August. Definitly worth it.

GLSS22

I went for the first time this year and it was great. Learned alot, dont know if ill be going to RI, but will be attending the one in schaumburg IL the year after(at least i think its there). Although it was a great show, i think its 4 days that could have been 2 or 3 at most. Snack and chats were by far the highlight for me. Learned alot for guys like paul(niege).

As far as the trade show
These were my choices for cool products.

Artic snow pusher(given)
New Poly Salter(Western, blizzard, fisher) Looked better than the older models.
Snow Ex liquids De-Icer
Kage pusher.

What did everyone else like?

MSS Mow

PlowSite.com Addict
ram1500;785433 said:
Does anyone know the date the SIMA show is going to be held in RI next year?

I would like to know this as well. I would like to attend, but the end of June is a terrible time for me.

MSS Mow

PlowSite.com Addict
Knockah22;788534 said:
13th Annual Snow and Ice Symposium June 23 - 26 2010. Looks like its only 3 days, that is good news.

Ummmm, hate to burst your bubble, but June 23-26th is 4 days. June 23, June 24, June 25 and June 26 adds up to 4. I really wish this wasn't only a week before the 4th of July. That's my busiest time of the year and cannot afford to take even a couple days off.

GLSS22

Yeah your right! my mistake. You should try and make it to at least one symposium, they are great and you learn alot.

DJMAUCTION

I learned that eating breaded chicken fingers is a lot harder then wings, second place sucks, but I got a free meal and a shirt and a cool hat.....lots of other things there were very educational....RI will be a blast

Plowgirl414

i really liked the kage?? system.. i hear they are from my home state too!! does anyone have one?? if so what do you think??? I was just on there website and they have a new video..looks pretty slick :)

Camden

PlowSite Fanatic
Plowgirl414;793513 said:
i really liked the kage?? system.. i hear they are from my home state too!! does anyone have one?? if so what do you think??? I was just on there website and they have a new video..looks pretty slick :)

I haven't used a Kage but I checked them out at SIMA and they seemed a little flimsy. I don't know anyone who runs them but if you're in the market for a pusher I'd either go with Pro Tech, Daniels, Arctic or Avalanche.

Plowgirl414

flimsy?? really?? that surprises me that you say that because I think they look pretty dang tough. I know they are backed by a pretty good warranty too.

Top Forums