Snow Plowing Forum banner

Hey SIMA guys...

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  plowking35 
#1 ·
My partner and I are going to join SIMA. We got the membership info in the mail and after looking it over (and hearing you guys sing their praises) we feel joining is worth it.

However, we are busy full-time (24-7 just about) during the green season with our lawn service. So we can't attend any seminars offered down in the states. For those of you who have attended before, do they provide you with written materials that accompany the verbal presentations. Minutes of the meetings if you will. Having paid the same dues as everyone else (actually a hell of a lot more when the CDN exchange rate is factored in) we'd like to get the same info.

Perhaps we might get someone who is in attendance to fill us in additionally on what was discussed. Maybe even videotape some of it for us?

I know we can also ask the SIMA organizers about it but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Thanks.

----------
Dave in S.Ontario
www.cutntrim.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I E-Mailed for a membership application, so i should be a member soon. Anyways i guess you have to pay to go to the conference, so i don't know know if they will provide you with anything or not. I won't be able to make the conference either, because i have planned a vaction with my family at the same time.

Geoff

#4 ·
Don't forget i don't have to worry about lawns. I like to take my vacation in the summer, its less stressfull than in the winter. There are also too many darn out-a-state people in maine in the summer ( sorry guys). My vacation only last 3-5 days max, everyone needs some kind of vacation, or you will go nuts. Oh yea July 9 i will be at the Winston Cup race in New Hampshire, so i guess i am really luck this year.

Geoff

#5 ·
Hey Dave,

I am going to meet Tammy tomorrow night in Traverse City Michigan at the American Public Works show and I'll make sure you get the book that is given out at the SIMA get together in Portland. I know one of the papers being presented is by my company and Jack Hill is the presenter so count on getting that copy for sure. I'll need your mailing address so post it to this forum.

I will be also picking up data that I hope will be helpful at this show also.

I'll be back on line next thursday night when I return till then.......

vince

#7 ·
Hey Dave,
Last year they had a written format for all the speakers, however this year they are having 3 concurant speakers at any one time, the best bet is to call Tammy direct at SIMA and ask her.
Dino

----------
Professional Ice and Snow Management
Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.