Hey Neige what's the deal with this guy?

creativedesigns

PlowSite.com Addict
FordFisherman;908130 said:
One step below lowballer- Noballer.

YEA, u got that right!!! $200 per season on a driveway tells the whole story!

Theres no possible way anyone can make money at that, they would break even on 6 events. :rolleyes:

STRONGARM

WOW, Did you read the one comment about the customer that went back to his old contractor that told him this would happen. If he came back I would add a 10% stupid tax to his contract. I've never heard of it that bad around here.

iceyman

PlowSite Fanatic
the worst part about this is alll those peopel left realiable contractors to go with a guy $40 cheaper....what does that say about loyalty....:rolleyes:

jayman3

There is a guy around here In Gatineau Quebec they start at 199 bucks for the season,they have got 16 new holland tractors this season,not even worth me doing my drive at that price.Makes a good Christmas present for the wife as my drive is always last:laughing:

Why is $200 for the season lowballing? It isn't that far off what Neige charges...

Neige;654600 said:
I do both resi and commercial. I make more money with my resi. I only have 2700 drives and we do it with 18 tractors. Thats 150 each, some of my new employees do less and others do more. Single drive is 270 for the season ( around 450 sq ft) and a double is 300 ( around 600 sq ft.). No walkways or salting. Average winter is 200 cm or 80 inches, usually in 18 events, so we hit our clients around 60 times a season.

JD Dave

PlowSite Fanatic
Kunker;908399 said:
Why is $200 for the season lowballing? It isn't that far off what Neige charges...

If each tractor does 150 drives and he gets an additional $70/drive that's an additional $10, 300/season, enough to pay for fuel and labour so yes I'd consider $200 lowballing.

naturalgreen

He was smart to change his name from lxsmxojfirh or whatever it was, but avalanche must have gotten snowed in. amazed at how many people commented. Im in st. louis an we get no snow and 200 is low unless it is a straight 1 shot drive no side walk. after 6/7 events im over. However I dont do seasonal but I know the few drives I have bring me more than that a year and they are pathetically small. I am underbid on most drives prob but dont like them. There is no loyalty but the is karma and these people r feeling it. Joe blow did a great job for 5 years but this foreigner is a little cheaper and said he will be available whenever I need him as I signed the check.

D DeSantis

Those guys charge way cheap I don't know how they do it......really sad actually because the prices in montreal are a little behind........but also garages have been fire bombed in that area in the past lol. Can't compete with the prices??? blow the competitors equipment up ahhhh montreal i love it here!!!
-Dan

Grassman09

2000 Club Member
JD Dave;908426 said:
If each tractor does 150 drives and he gets an additional $70/drive that's an additional $10, 300/season, enough to pay for fuel and labour so yes I'd consider $200 lowballing.

Huh?

I think Paul is around $300.. So..

$300 x Qty 150 = $45'000. Driver makes what $7000 to $10'000?

$45000 - $10'000 = $35'000 - $15'000 ( Tractor Rental) - $5000.00 (Fuel) = $10'000

On 10 Tractors that's not bad $100'000.00

But that's not including the snow blowers that go for $7000 a pop or the driveways signs at $5 a piece including the fiberglass pole.

Bajak

PlowSite.com Addict
JD Dave;908426 said:

I agree. This area of Ontario is cheap. The average going rate for a seasonal residential driveway is around $400.00 and for snowfall and drifting (that we get a tremendous amount of) it is extremely lowballed and then to not have service after 28cm (close enough to a foot in my world):realmad: It is complete B.S..

Apparently Neiges operation is extremely efficient and profitable and still he deals with the lowballers by not dealing with them. I have yet to see anyone else here that can honestly say they can clear 60 driveways per hour during a storm without breaking a sweat. Too bad for the customers trying to save $14.00 a month.:laughing:

Grn Mtn

PlowSite.com Addict
i like the (presumeably) old farts comment of "lazy generation" because in his day people shoveled and mowed their own stuff... yeah, and in your day people only worked 9-5 and had the weekend off, now people are working multiple jobs, blah blah blah.

Top Forums