hey guys

elite1msmith

2000 Club Member
i need some billing help,

if anyone knows of the dates, or a place that i can get the daily weather in the month of DEC , FOR NORTHERN IL, SOULTHERN WISCO.

I ONLY NEED THE Date, that AN ICE situation might have occured

I know Dec 4th had a little
DEC , 8th was freezing rain/ ICE

Dec 15th? i think was snow, but we were concerend it would turn to ice

Dec 27...missed my location , but maybe not yours

dec28 - WARM temps , and rain during the day, caused alot of melting, which froze at night

Dec 31? im not sure -

OP
E

elite1msmith

2000 Club Member
yeah , i know the one by me really doesnt have a station anymore, they closed their doors last year , and we had alot of locallized hit and miss

im thinking these are all of them , just not 100% sure. I know all the snow dates, no problems there, but i have few accounts that need to be builded seperatly for ONLY ICE

OP
E

elite1msmith

2000 Club Member
Ctll;716657 said:
try www.wunderground.com you can enter the zip code for the area and get the detailed history day by day up to last 10 years. half way down left side of page enter date. Good Luck

this one seemed to work pretty well, i did find the monthly calender veiw handy , but the precip types in the pics are way off... so you need to use the daily

thanks guys ... :drinkup:, big help

timmy1

I keep a notebook in my truck to jot it all down.

When you bill, I add line items like

1 pre-treat 12/31/08 11:30 PM
1 Plow 1/1/09 5 AM
1 Spread sand 1/1/09 5:30 AM

Even if the line items are for $0.00 the customer can at least read what you did and when you did it.

OP
E

elite1msmith

2000 Club Member
timmy1;716782 said:
I keep a notebook in my truck to jot it all down.

When you bill, I add line items like

1 pre-treat 12/31/08 11:30 PM
1 Plow 1/1/09 5 AM
1 Spread sand 1/1/09 5:30 AM

Even if the line items are for $0.00 the customer can at least read what you did and when you did it.

yes so do we... but i dont operate every truck, nor am i around the area for every storm

so when the guys put down, that they salted.... well what did they salt for ? Ice,snow? drifting?

we have 2 inch contracts with a few places... they are on fixed seasonal prices.... but they pay extra to plow or salt if its less than 2 inches, and they want service....

Normally if its less than 2 inches...they just leave it sit

but if its ice, they give us the go ahead to salt , or if its snow less than 2 , with extreme temps they give us the go ahead to saltto prevent ice

Top Forums