Snow Plowing Forum banner

Here It comes guys.

3K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike Nelson 
#1 ·
Well Indianapolis Indiana is supposed to get 6-10 starting friday afternoon till saturday morning.Well got to go tell taco bell i `quit.Anybody else here this?

#7 ·
I don't think it's ever going to snow again this year where I am. I'm gonna wash AND wax my truck... and plow... and salt spreader... and anything else I can clean up. Hopefully mother nature is listening, and will do the right thing. LOL

-Tim

#15 ·
I just dealt with the heaviest, sloppiest,crappiest 2-3 inches the other day. Broke 3 shovel handles and my back. I have some townhouses that have mailboxes along the street that you get your mail from the back of the box. The City plow comes and buries these things in 2 foot of slush and then freezes. They make my day.

#18 ·
Do me a favor ! Send some some up to Mid Michigan will you. I wonder sometimmes if someone upstairs forgets that Michigan is suppose to be in the snow belt to lately. Its been enough of a dry spell here also. Let it Snow!!

#20 ·
Weather people are soo full of cow pies!!
Indiana and ohio are gonna get nothing because the low pressure system is too close, to us , if anything we will get a hour of light snow, and that aint worth a damn in the plowing buisness.

#21 ·
Yep i am in S Central In and they first said possiable 6-12 Friday. The forcast today for friday maybe 1-2 max. Oh well I dont plow yet but was keeping track of how many push snows we recieved to see if it is worth it for next year.. guess I will stick with the green part....

#22 ·
While 6-10" is a decent storm it is not a major storm from where I come from. Is anybody in the same boat as me? I see posts where it seems like 2-3" is an event. Yes, we would plow 2-3", but with the amount of snow and frequency that we get it, we would accept this as casually as we do the dishes every day. Now 12-18", that's an event! I've plowed 21 storms so far this winter. Two of them were over 12". I only have a few accounts so maybe I am out of line here. I plow my accounts after the storm is over (residential) unless an emergency call is received. Maybe I'd be a little more tense if I has some comercial accounts.

#25 ·
Here it comes, there it goes.

The weater guessers have been talking about this one for a week, but it will miss Chicago. We might get a bit of lake affect snow here, but mostly on the south side. It has been a long dry spell for us. I am still waiting to try out that new U edge I put on last week. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.