1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Help with switch over

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snorider075, Nov 12, 2012.

  1. snorider075

    snorider075 Senior Member
    Messages: 316

    Taking a wide out ultra mount from an 08 f350 to a 97 f350 what all would I need besides new frame? Will the harness and module work for both? thanks in advance!
  2. mishnick

    mishnick 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,353

    All you need is the new vehicle mount and the headlight harness. You may find you don't need either of these if the old and the new aren't too far apart. Just tell the Western dealer what truck you are taking it off of and what it is going onto. They can look up what mounts and headlight harnesses you have and what you need. If you are lucky you need nothing. Make sure you have a look at the headlights before you call the Western dealer. They will need to know what kind you have on both trucks. For example, HB1 HB3 etc. The headlights always have a little marking cast into the lens so you don't need to pull the bulbs.
  3. snorider075

    snorider075 Senior Member
    Messages: 316

    good deal thank you sir!