1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

HELP! What kind of plow is this for??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TGS Inc., Nov 5, 2012.

  1. TGS Inc.

    TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit
    Messages: 569

    I have a L8000 that we bought without a plow. I'm trying to find out what make this mount is for. My hunch is that it is a Monroe but I would love some other opinions.



    23 Plow 2.JPG

    23 Plow.JPG
  2. birddseedd

    birddseedd PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,516

    A snow plow:laughing:
  3. Triton2286

    Triton2286 Senior Member
    Messages: 653

    I googled some pics to educate myself a little more on these bigger plows and that mount doesn't look like any Monroe's I have found yet. But I could be wrong.
  4. dfd9

    dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,475

    I believe it's known as a Husting Hitch. Sort of a generic term for several different manufacturers.
  5. alpine779

    alpine779 Member
    Messages: 70

    DFD9 is right. It's a husting's hitch (or coupler if you will). It'll fit any plow that has that style receiver. You just drive in, pull the lever to lock the pins and drive away. We have one on our international. They do make them in different widths so be sure to measure the one you have so it matches the plow you buy.
  6. TGS Inc.

    TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit
    Messages: 569

    Cool!! Thanks guys for all your help!!