Snow Plowing Forum banner

Help Please..!!

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  jlcf 
#1 ·
i have a 7.5ft meyer plow with an E-47...used it all winter long last winter and had no problems...i finally hooked it up for the season and it only moves left and right, and up with assistance...it wont lift the plow up unless im pulling up with it and it wont move left and right unless im pushing on the blade...any help would be appreciated..the pump and motor are brand new on it also......

#2 ·
Malakas82;601178 said:
i have a 7.5ft meyer plow with an E-47...used it all winter long last winter and had no problems...i finally hooked it up for the season and it only moves left and right, and up with assistance...it wont lift the plow up unless im pulling up with it and it wont move left and right unless im pushing on the blade...any help would be appreciated..the pump and motor are brand new on it also......
Check the fluid.

#11 ·
If all the functions are working...which they are in your case, but it simply needs manual assistance to raise or angle then you don't likely have a valve problem.

More like a pressure problem like Basher first mentioned. I've installed many new replacement gear pumps on these E47's (both OEM and aftermarket) that were set way too low on the initial pressure relief right out of the box. You need to get a pressure gage on it and set the relief to the proper pressure. I think you'll discover it works fine then. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.