1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Help......mechanical plow valve problems

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kentuckydiesel, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Kentuckydiesel

    Kentuckydiesel Senior Member
    Messages: 151

    I have an old plow system that I just put on my '79 dodge. It is the meyer system that came with the factory sno-commander package. The little piece with the high pressure bypass (on the side of the valve block) is leaking due to a crack. I have been told it's a weak place on these. Where can I get a replacement???? I don't want to "upgrade" to an electric/hydraulic unit because I really prefer the belt driven setup.

    Thanks, Phillip
  2. SnoFarmer

    SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN
    Messages: 9,883

    Call Steve at vintage power wagon or
    Take Look at the power wagon advertiser., both are on line.
    Thats why I machined that new one you saw on the other forum.
    Sorry,:waving: I only made the one.

    Or you could go and look around for a diffrent valve body from something.
    You seem to be good at gathering parts. good lock...
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  3. Kentuckydiesel

    Kentuckydiesel Senior Member
    Messages: 151

    If I can't find parts easily then I'll probably use a front loader valve block off a tractor. It'll hold up and it'll flow well. We've never had any trouble with the valves on the JD 148 loader on our old 4020. What'cha think???? -Phillip