1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Making a Plow Decision: Cost/Benefit

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by MickeyGreen, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Try ck. your fuse lead wire a blue 15amp? Or go back to the installer Good luck MG.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is that the plow to truck connect?

If not, what is it?

That orange tab is the lock, make sure it's pulled out

3. MickeyGreen

MickeyGreen Junior Member

The connectors work fine for when the truck is connected to the plow, and fine on the plow side when it is dismounted for storage, my only issue is the truck side when the plow is off, to re-establish my headlight connection. They just won't go together. I've moved the lock, pulled the gaskets, but nothing seems to work and they look like they should fit together without an issue.

I can only imagine it is something stupid that I am doing and just need a fresh set of eyes on it. Not sure how I can go wrong with a simple male/female connection though...

4. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Maybe snowway is different but most plows you don't need to plug anything back in when you unmount the plow. You just unplug the plow connection from the truck and that's it.

5. MickeyGreen

Yeah for the snoway, I need to connect the two back together to re-establish the connection to my lights. I got a fresh set of eyes on it and we figured it out. If you look at the original pictures, the blue pieces in both side of the connectors were keeping the connection from being established. Used a set of needle nose to pull the blue part out of the male side and they slid right together!

Just need to test when I get home to see if that messes with the connection to the plow. If it does, I'll just keep it in the truck, but I don't anticipate any issues. Glad that's solved, for now.

6. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Oh I see. Those blue pieces are there to help line up the connection so that you don't bend or break any of the pins. Was the blue male side not able to be adjusted deeper into the socket? If you can just push it deeper into the socket that would be ideal to make sure you don't bend or break any pins when connecting/disconnecting.

7. MickeyGreen

Yeah it's odd, they won't adjust deeper into the socket, and I just checked the plow side and neither of those connectors have blue pieces in them at all (presumably because they were both on the truck side which still allowed the connection from truck to plow). I'll just have to be careful when making the connections so I don't bend something, just happy to have lights back for now.

8. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a plan.

9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

You say neither of the other pair have the blue spacer/guide, perhaps one of them should? Is it possible it was pulled out of one and got stuck in the other?

leolkfrm likes this.
  10. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Good catch. I bet that's it. Thumbs Up

leolkfrm likes this.
  11. MickeyGreen

Interesting you mention this, I thought the same thing but wrote it off pretty quickly because I thought that the same issue would happen if i put it on the plow side. I figured that the male blue piece would need to go on the male connector on the plow side which would result in the plow not establishing a connection because I left the female guide on the truck side (sorry if that is explained poorly).

BUT after you mentioned it I looked more closely at the guide and it looks like it can be flipped over to become a male or female adapter. If this is the case, I can flip it and put it on the female side of the plow and then both of the male sides won't have them but both females will, which should allow and strengthen the connection on both sides. No promises cause I haven't tried it yet, but I will take a look when I get home tonight and report back.

ktfbgb likes this.
  12. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Since it's a new install, go back to the dealer and have it looked at.

Sawboy likes this.
  13. MickeyGreen

Forgot to update this yesterday, but as suspected the blue piece flipped over and went right in on the plow side. So they are reversible, and now I have one on the truck side and one on the plow side, both in the female connectors, and all of the connections work properly!

ktfbgb and k1768 like this.