Snow Plowing Forum banner

help in choosing plow.

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  tjctransport 
#1 ·
getting a new truck and not sure what plow to get.

currently i have 1500 with HTS, nice set up but doesn't back drag well and i turn the rear wheels into the snow a lot since it is only 7.5 ft wide.

for now i only do 2 driveways my own and my mothers but may look into working it next winter.

truck i am getting is 3500 diesel and am thinking the pro plow in 8.5 ft wide is all i need but how well will that hold up if i decide to do more plowing.

#12 ·
8'6" is a perfect size. I do a lot of banks and if I got anything larger I'd be screwed and have to keep backdragging the drive thru areas.

#13 ·
tjctransport;2011028 said:
i am switching from myers to a 8.5 pro-plus with backdrag blade the end of the month on my trucks.
i do a 1 million square foot warehouse parking lot.
Good to see Amazon set up a warehouse in Antarctica, can't have the penguins not get two day shipping on prime orders.

To the OP, I just did the same thing going from a 7.5' unimount to a 8.5' pro-plus series 2 ultra mount western on an 02 F-350. Looks like the extra coverage will actually allow me to angle the plow... what a concept. The 7.5 angled couldn't cover the truck's tracks to save its life. If your only doing drive ways you should have no trouble with an 8.5'.

#15 ·
rufushusky;2011581 said:
Good to see Amazon set up a warehouse in Antarctica, can't have the penguins not get two day shipping on prime orders.
amazon had no choice.
they got tired of the penguins constantly complaining about the 5-7 day old fish deliveries.
the only problem is the damn drones. they don't look closely before dropping the fish, and some of those buggers hurt when they land on the head, forcing us to wear hardhats now!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.