Help identifying part on Meyer E47

Luppy

Hows everyone doing out there this winter? I've got a small problem with my Meyer E47. A nut broke off on the top of a part on my Meyer E47. I want to call around to see if anyone has one in stock, but I don't know the name of this thing. Here's a photo. It's the thing with the broken nut on the left that the red wire goes to. Thanks very much guys!

Michele

E47.jpg

Last edited:

snowgm

That is your "B" solenoid valve - should be easy to get from a dealer. If you snapped the top of the tube, than you'll need to replace the whole thing.

snowgm

Come to think of it, if you asked a Meyer dealer what part you need and you told them it had a red wire coming out of it and described it and they didn't know what you wanted, you might want to find another dealer.

OP
Luppy

Luppy

Hehe. Yes, well I just wanted to be able to just call and ask if they have the part rather than have them guess. So I need to buy two parts yes? The valve and that cover piece? How much should I expect to get robbed for these parts from a local place, or will buying online save me any $$? Thanks much for your quick help on this.

Michele

OP
Luppy

Luppy

Thanks GTRacer! I'll give Angelos a shot. Just got off the phone with a local place who wants 125.00 plus tax for all. I appreciate the help. :)

JMR

Luppy said:
Thanks GTRacer! I'll give Angelos a shot. Just got off the phone with a local place who wants 125.00 plus tax for all. I appreciate the help. :)

Angelo's part # M15697 cost $49.00 + freight

OP
Luppy

Luppy

Thanks for that file Steve. Yes, the coil part is still fine. Wow, big savings ordering this stuff over the net rather than locally. I ordered both the B & C assemblies just to have them on hand here. Additionally, I think if I had kept that nut covered in grease I don't think it would have rusted and snapped off. Live and learn.

festerw

Two things you can do to prevent this from happening again are to coat the threads with anti-sieze and use a brass nut. Also if you need to take any of the others off use a small nutsplitter on it to avoid breaking the stems on them.

Just a thought. I've never tried this, but you could probably weld (very carefully) a same size stud to the top of that valve where the threaded stud broke off.... or drill and run a tap into the hole for another stud. That stud only serves two purposes 1) secure the coil to the valve 2) provide a secure point for an electrical line (the red one) to electrify and magnitize the coil and ultimately the valve.
This is probably a lot of work for a $35 valve - but if you've got the time and rescources- you may be able to get a good back-up/spare valve out of your old valve. Never throw it out til it's really cooked - there's always something you can recycle.

JMR

Jason Pallas said:
Just a thought. I've never tried this, but you could probably weld (very carefully) a same size stud to the top of that valve where the threaded stud broke off.... or drill and run a tap into the hole for another stud. That stud only serves two purposes 1) secure the coil to the valve 2) provide a secure point for an electrical line (the red one) to electrify and magnitize the coil and ultimately the valve.
This is probably a lot of work for a $35 valve - but if you've got the time and rescources- you may be able to get a good back-up/spare valve out of your old valve. Never throw it out til it's really cooked - there's always something you can recycle.

One time in the middle of a storm I had to remove one of the coils to gain axcess to a broken hose fitting.The stud broke off the valve when I tried to remove the nut. Not having a replacement, I tack welded it back on during reassembly. It stayed that way for 3 more years, until I took the pump apart to rebuild it. Never had a problem with it. Now I always keep atleast one new spare of each on hand.

cheaper online

If you look on ebay you will find a much better deal than getting anything from a dealler you just have to watch the shipping cost. sometime it is more from a local dealler than online but really cheaper after you pay all the shipping. I bought an A,B and C coil and valve on ebay just last week for a total of $80 that is a steal. The one responce was right if you take the old valve that is broken and you drill it out and just put a tapping screw in it , it would work fine for you as a good spare. Been pushin the white stuff for 14 years I learned to make due with what I have. I learned to buy everything I come across . Just thought I would give you alittle advice. If you have any questions feel free to email me ericurban@adelphia.net I also rebuild and repair. Take care

OP
Luppy

Luppy

Thank you all for the great tips and ideas! :salute:
Believe it or not I'm in my 17th year of plowing (with Meyer plows), but I've never broken one of these coils/valves before. I'm definitely going to get the brass nuts & never seize on these things when the new parts arrive.

Top Forums