Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I’ve got an almost brand (only spread 6 tons) new poly caster that has low/no power to the spinner. Was working great then the spinner got really slow and eventually quit. I tried clearing it and spinning it by hand but the second more material falls on it, it starts to slow down and stops. The controller is throwing a “cp” code when it stops spinning. I checked the connection and tightened all the set screws on spinner shaft and motor. Belt and pulley look to be alright. This was installed by a reputable shop but I need it back ASAP, any advice is greatly appreciated

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I appreciate the reply. I took the chute back off and cleaned what I think was the magnet, reassembled. Doing that cleared the cp code but I was still getting very little power to the spinner. Took chute off again and removed motor housing. I ended up having loose connections between the motor and the wiring harness. Pushed them tight and now she’s spinning like a dream again. I will say I’m pretty dissapointed that I had to disassemble this and fix it with less than 2 hours on the unit.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it’s worth it wasn’t the loose connections that ended up fixing it, I had to shim up the tensioner on the spinner pulley. It was out of alignment so the spinner belt was slipping with load. Two washers fixed it.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. For some reason it just started working. Not thrilled with the quality
Me either, though it's been good since those issues a couple of seasons ago. Not that it matters much anymore, straps broke and full sander went for a ride last storm. Thank god it broke free while on site. Now it needs a new hopper for $2500

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.