Hello, new from Wisconsin.

jetjestor

Hi everyone, I'm from Wisconsin, the big town Green Bay. Just join the site. And right now I'm neck deep in trying to make a plow I buy to work. If you want to see check out my YouTube channel detailisretail. I'm in middle of rebuild/ making it work for my truck. My plow is RT-2 mount for a Ford. Well I'm making fix my truck which Chevy k2500 2005. There lots of challenges in my way. I've come here for some insight hopefully with a problem.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Hi everyone, I'm from Wisconsin, the big town Green Bay. Just join the site. And right now I'm neck deep in trying to make a plow I buy to work. If you want to see check out my YouTube channel detailisretail. I'm in middle of rebuild/ making it work for my truck. My plow is RT-2 mount for a Ford. Well I'm making fix my truck which Chevy k2500 2005. There lots of challenges in my way. I've come here for some insight hopefully with a problem.
Welcome from southeast Wisconsin.
You can probably make the push beam work (it may have to shortened or lengthened) but I'd recommend getting the mount for your GM.
The mount itself doesn't have to be for an RT2, one for an RT3 will work. They just have different push beams.
I have the same vintage GM as yours.
I also have an older Ford. I can measure the push beams, if you can't find the frame widths.
There's a counter jockey on here who could answer the push beam width questions too.

OP
J

jetjestor

Welcome from southeast Wisconsin.
You can probably make the push beam work (it may have to shortened or lengthened) but I'd recommend getting the mount for your GM.
The mount itself doesn't have to be for an RT2, one for an RT3 will work. They just have different push beams.
I have the same vintage GM as yours.
I also have an older Ford. I can measure the push beams, if you can't find the frame widths.
There's a counter jockey on here who could answer the push beam width questions too.

Attachments

OP
J

jetjestor

Yes I'm going breed them together. I'll keep my RT-3 push bar intact. The RT-2 is the one going get all the welding too. So if I get a newer plow one day I just change the push bar

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Yes I'm going breed them together. I'll keep my RT-3 push bar intact. The RT-2 is the one going get all the welding too. So if I get a newer plow one day I just change the push bar
Yrs, i see you have 2
Good idea hanging onto the RT3 push bar. It will be an easy upgrade.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Last edited:

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Who?
https://cdn.bossplow.com/content/servicecenter/documents/pushbeam_sizes_and_applications.pdf

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he'd probably warn the OP about sinking too much money into what is a very old, obsolete plow with somewhat limited parts availability.
I could be mistaken, but aren't valves, etc for the early RT3s the same as RT2?
Other than being rusty, the cutting edges seem to have a lot of meat left. I'm assuming there's shoes on it. When they crack, the RT3 cutting edges will fit with slight modifications.

OP
J

jetjestor

Well, 8 to 10 thousand is too much money for me. I'm just using for my own personal use. This my first plow. I had no idea what I was getting to. I'm already too far invest to turn back. I'm remaking the wings. Got the plow for 400 bucks with the ford undercarriage and wire harness. Yes I know about parts not being make by boss. But if watch my videos I'm making my own parts I can't get.

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
Welcome. I have to say, that is a total pos...:p
You could have had something 3x nicer for like $2000-2500. I had a 98’ Boss 8’2 V plow on a 98’ Chevy 2500 I basically gave away with selling the truck. It looked brand new vs yours. You shoulda come on here first before buying, not after.
I’m not hating on you...I don’t doubt your skills to rebuild this plow, and maybe you even enjoy the challenge, so good on you.
Good luck WI buddy, keep us up to date on the project.:drinkup:

OP
J

jetjestor

Yes, I didn't know what I was getting into. Not knowing all the damage of the plow. And how the plow really rusting from the inside out. That was a surprise to me once I started to try to take it apart. But I'm in it already, wasn't going to scrap it. Even tho I did way that option. What was there left to do but take on the challenge. Figure worst case I will have 1500 into it. Yes doesn't count all my time. And I'll like not have it ready for this year. I might help other too by offer some of the repairs parts down the road once i see how it turns out. I know that few of the parts are no longer make. Or improvements, we see what happens. One for sure the dealer are out their mind with their prices found out. New isn't an option for me, even tho I would like that have a new one. Stay turned I might surprise you.