Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
I don't know what type of contract you have, but if you stay on top of it, you won't be moving as much snow those long distances.
When I plowed alleys, I'd windrow wherever I could and scoop to the next available spot to dump. I'd try not to bury the driveways, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Get a clear path open so they get their cars off the streets then go back and clean up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't know what type of contract you have, but if you stay on top of it, you won't be moving as much snow those long distances.
When I plowed alleys, I'd windrow wherever I could and scoop to the next available spot to dump. I'd try not to bury the driveways, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Get a clear path open so they get their cars off the streets then go back and clean up.
Theres no contract bc im the maintenance man for the community so its my responsibility to plow the streets in the community. This willl be my first full winter here i started in march of this year n we didnt get much snow so i didnt do much. So this winter might be a **** show but i feel with all your guys advice n help it shouldn’t be too bad lol

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Yesterday was a Monday for sure. Mounted the controller for the rear hydraulics back on the door. Of course the switch is in the down position, battery dead.
Tractor is pulled to front of stall,with the loader resting on the loading dock.
Nearly impossible to get to the battery. Post on the starter doesn't get enough juice to turn over.
Even if the stupid new fangled "smart" battery charger would charge the totally dead battery.
Just walked away from that, on to other things .
So didn't get the tractor home, which puts several other projects behind schedule.
We had 2 clean ups for yesterday , only got one done,because of messing with the tractor. And having to be greeters at our church for the community Veteran's service.
The wind is howling already this morning, and rain in the forecast.
Those 2 last clean ups for today may not happen. Rain for the rest of the week.
Didn't intend this to be a rant.
So.
Got a couple things in the mail yesterday.
This Nylint throughbred farms truck.
Very nice shape,Rare to find them with the dome intact.
This one needs a new windshield, that came in the mail yesterday too.
Wood Rectangle Packing materials Hardwood Plastic

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Office equipment Luggage and bags Beige Bag Audio equipment

Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Car

My new 9620 came yesterday too. I'll have tore attach the decals before I re list it.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

And here's the other one with triples.
Missing one on the back right still. But can be displayed so it doesn't show.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Table

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
Yesterday was a Monday for sure. Mounted the controller for the rear hydraulics back on the door. Of course the switch is in the down position, battery dead.
Tractor is pulled to front of stall,with the loader resting on the loading dock.
Nearly impossible to get to the battery. Post on the starter doesn't get enough juice to turn over.
Even if the stupid new fangled "smart" battery charger would charge the totally dead battery.
So didn't get the tractor home, which puts several other projects behind schedule.
We had 2 clean ups for yesterday , only got one done,because of messing with the tractor. And having to be greeters at our church for the community Veteran's service.
So.
This one needs a new windshield, that came in the mail yesterday too. View attachment 257988
View attachment 257987
View attachment 257986
View attachment 257985

My new 9620 came yesterday too. I'll have tore attach the decals before I re list it. View attachment 257989
View attachment 257991
View attachment 257992
Getting old ain't easy....

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
So.
This one needs a new windshield, that came in the mail yesterday too. View attachment 257988
View attachment 257987
View attachment 257986
View attachment 257985

My new 9620 came yesterday too. I'll have tore attach the decals before I re list it. View attachment 257989
View attachment 257991
View attachment 257992
Thought I was in the what did you do today thread.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Would a wide out be better than a V for this.
I think so as I once had a commercial property that needed the snow moved away from the buildings (commercial condos with garage and entry doors) that ran parallel to the street and away from the street as the parking lot abutted the sidewalk that ran along the street. I plowed it with a straight blade,v plow and xls. The xls was by far the most efficient. It amazes me that in my area they are just starting to gain popularity. I ran a v plow for 15yrs before switching to the xls 10 yrs ago.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts