Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a maintenance tech for a trailer community. I do all the snow removal for the community. The community have on road parking and the company im working for has a straight blade for this community im trying to get the company to get a v blade plow due to it takes forever to try n move snow from one end of the road to the other with out pushing it all in to the residences cars then making them shovel them selfs out. So im looking for pros and cons between straight blade and a v blade so i can present them to the higher ups to maybe persuade them to buy a v blade.

·
Registered
15,436 Posts
Alternate side parking and windrow it all to the opposite side.

If you’re gonna be pushing it down the road it’s still gonna take a while, at this point you need a tractor with a large pusher.

How wide is the straight plow and what type and size of truck are you using to plow with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Font Parallel Pattern Number Symmetry
This is the layout of the community i plow the plow they have here is a western 8’ pro plow series 2 with a ford f-250 super duty pushing it with a little salt hopper spreader that goes in the hitch receiver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason why i would like a v blade is so i could kick all the snow away from the residences cars. Then put it in scoop mode and move it from one end to the other with out having to do 100 passes.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
V plows are nice. They are handy. They are expensive. Put box ends on your current plow. A plow with box ends will push more snow than a v the same size. Or, split the difference and put on a set of wings that are angled forward 30 degrees or so, when facing forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V plows are nice. They are handy. They are expensive. Put box ends on your current plow. A plow with box ends will push more snow than a v the same size. Or, split the difference and put on a set of wings that are angled forward 30 degrees or so, when facing forward.
Thanks for the advice ill look into both of them n see.
i just know last year it was a pain bc no one moved there cars so with not trying to put a huge pile next to there cars for them to shovel out in the morning was a pain. Now if the roads ur empty i would just divide the road in half and push **** left and right away up to there yards. But i dont really wanna do it like that with the roads lined with cars lol there would be alot of complaints going to Corporate. And that doesn’t look good to the employer.lol then you have those ppl that if you put snow in there parking area’s they shovel it back in to the road vers shoveling it to the yards. So just lookin for advice along with the best fastest way to get the job done with keeping everyone happy.

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
If they won't buy you a V, at least get wings.

V is definitely going to cut down on time and complaints.

·
Registered
15,436 Posts
You’re never gonna make them all happy.

it’s going to take hundreds of passes down just one of those roads in scoop to move the snow all the way to the end and then where are you gonna put it ?
then how are you gonna stack it?
I don’t think there’s enough hours in a day for this truck to complete the task.

What about the berms That will be created while you’re plowing from moving it all down the road? how are these people going to drive through and navigate the roads?

with this configuration of truck it sounds like they have been doing what you don’t wanna do out of a bad conscience? Plowing it to the sides?
The snow has to go someplace.

Some places have it if it snows you park in your driveway & not in the street or you park on one side of the street one week and then the next week you’re parked on the other side of the street so everybody shares and getting their driveway plowed in

I suppose, before this becomes a big (er) thing,how much snow do you Receive in a year?

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
You’re never gonna make them all happy.

it’s going to take hundreds of passes down just one of those roads in scoop to move the snow all the way to the end and then where are you gonna put it ?
then how are you gonna stack it?

What about the berms That will be created while you’re plowing from moving it all down the road? how are these people going to drive through and navigate the roads?

with this configuration of truck it sounds like they have been doing what you don’t wanna do out of a bad conscience? Plowing it to the sides?
The snow has to go someplace.

Some places have it if it snows you park in your driveway & not in the street or you park on one side of the street one week and then the next week you’re parked on the other side of the street so everybody shares and getting their driveway plowed in

I suppose, before this becomes a big (er) thing,how much snow do you Receive in a year?

A vee plow of the same width in scoop with a set of wings and hold much more snow then a straight blade with containment or wings.

Even if you put wings on this plow it’s only gonna push so much snow down the road.

I suppose before this becomes a big thing how much snow do you get in a year?
How long are these roads your to push blades of snow all the way down to the end and then stack some place?
You ever been in a trailer park? Most do not have driveways and have cars parked on both sides at night...basically full.

·
Registered
15,436 Posts
You ever been in a trailer park? Most do not have driveways and have cars parked on both sides at night...basically full.
Yes, the ones that I’ve seen have a driveway that will Hold one or two vehicles.

If I s a trashy park with all their junk and crap parked out in the street plow them in and when they throw the snow back in the street plow them in again.
Any park worth it’s weight has a thing like an HOA that’ll control how trashy in the park can look.
I’ve seen a couple of nice trailer parks and you don’t see junk vehicles and junk parked everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
That looks like a royal pain. As mentioned, where are you stacking it? V-Plow would be good for this as long as you have someplace close enough to stack and don't wait for three plus inches. Some V-Blades are low in the center, so the snow rolls over the top when trying to push too much too far.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
So, where are going to put all the snow?

Looks like 2 places. THATS ALOT OF CARRYING.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
With a straight blade what a nightmare to plow!
And an 8' at that! Barely wide as the truck straight,then angle it.
Yuck!
OP, at the very least you need 1' extensions on both sides of that plow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts