Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. 6 miles up a goat trail and only 2 are county maintained. Yes, I have 4 miles of 4x4 single track road to plow. It also ascends about 1000'.
I use a k5 with a Meyer. I'm here to snoop for tips as the road gets pretty skinny this time of year. This is our third winter here and this year I'll finally get a piece of machinery to work more push outs.
Thanks for having me.

Snow Sky Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup! That's why I'm here lol. Snooping to see what other folks are doing. We got allot more snow this year and it's been ruff. Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but I recently rejoined the work force and I'll be needing off the mountain on a daily basis. Last two years we just stock up and ride er out. Last resort is skimadoo down to my buddies house 4 miles away on the county road and use my shuttle rig.

· Registered
2,582 Posts

· Registered
2,582 Posts
Just remember that blowers are generally slow. I’ve never operated a skid steer blower, but my Belos has more hydraulic horsepower than a hi-flow skidsteer and I figure walking speed, or less if the snow is deeper than a foot.

Would a skid steer be metter than a tractor, grader, or municipal machine for what you need in the summer?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah speed is a factor. I can plow after a light snow 6"or less, in about 2 hours. For now I'm stuck with updating my push outs this summer and keeping my fingers crossed. Every year I learn something new lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.