Heave rust stains on my concrete driveway from plowing?

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
If it’s from the plowjockey’s plow make him clean it up , if he doesn’t take him to court.

let a judge decided…

the op doesn’t seam like someone who will clean their driveway themselves.

TJS

PlowSite.com Addict
I am with Hydro on this one. It is concentrated on the edge where the joint is. I have a feeling there is steel edging or some sort of steel like rebar as others have suggested down in there. When the snow melted it puddled and came up to the top of the cement and had rust ore in the standing water. Also what chemicals if any were used on this drive.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
I am with Hydro on this one. It is concentrated on the edge where the joint is. I have a feeling there is steel edging or some sort of steel like rebar as others have suggested down in there. When the snow melted it puddled and came up to the top of the cement and had rust ore in the standing water. Also what chemicals if any were used on this drive.
If the concrete is slightly higher (a fraction of an inch) there will be more of the cutting edge contacting the surface, therefore more wear in that location.
In Defense of the plow jockey, the surface he is plowing is out of his control.

MIDTOWNPC

PlowSite Fanatic
Cleaning or Pickling vinegar does help clean the stains. We had a site we took over and the sidewalks were really marked. We were able to clean them but also we switched our sidewalk cutting edges to stainless.