Snow Plowing Forum banner

heads up! the 6.0 is going away!

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  BigLou80 
#1 ·
just wanted to throw out a heads up to everyone. stopped in the local chevy dealer yesterday looking at trucks, diesel trucks, but he told me that for the 2010 line, the 6.0 gasser will be discontinued across the board, so a 5.3 will be it, in everything from a 1500-3500hd. :crying: so if you are looking for a new gas truck, hurry up and grab an 09 thats still out there. my dealer told me they could no longer order 09's however. he also said 2010 production starts the middle of this month. just an update, sorry if it's redundant, i dont kno, but just trying to help someone out! :waving:

#5 ·
That figures. It seems like GM has been cutting engine options down the last few years. First the 8.1 goes and now the 5.3. I seriously doubt the 5.3L is going to cut it in a 3500 series truck that does any serious hauling or towing. I think GM wants to push everyone who tows or hauls anything to the diesel. I'm a GM person and have been for years but this would be another strike against GM in my book and might push me to another brand.

Wayne

#6 ·
yeah, i was a little bummed, and of course since im looking at diesel, he didnt tell me of any more money for one in 2010...its already expensive enough as is...but o well, and they are tryin to push people to diesel to please the tree huggers...easier to make "green" i think...im all for diesel, jus dont wanna be pushed there...

#11 · (Edited)
#12 ·
oh well next truck is gonna be a dodge 2500 with 6.7 cummins

#15 ·
B&B you probablly know better, i would like to think the dealer is on crack or i misunderstood him...and if they are bumping the FAWR i might wait to get a 2010 since im gonna go diesel anyway. thanks for your help as usual!

#19 ·
RichG53;821808 said:
FWAR is it going to be an upgrade to a heavier rating ?????
Not a whole lot of detail other than a new frame will be under the truck, and the next version of the duramax for 2011. I wonder if GM will release the GenV V8 in the new trucks... Will be interesting to see what happens with the IFS though, as to whether it stays or not.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/10/2011-gm-heavy-duty-pickups-to-feature-new-chassis.html (note, truck pictured is only a mule)

#20 ·
I would be willing to bet that they will try and do the coil over shock set up on the HD's now like the 1/2 tonners. GM has to keep all their retirees happy and everyone else looking for a plush grocery getter. I am a die-hard GM guy, but everytime they re-vamp the truck line, it just gets worse and worse. I will keep buying older used Chevy trucks since they wont suck like the new ones, lol. If I had a good bit of $$$$, I think a D/A swap into an 87 K30 chassis and body would be completely awesome!!!

#21 ·
Newdude;822949 said:
Not a whole lot of detail other than a new frame will be under the truck, and the next version of the duramax for 2011. I wonder if GM will release the GenV V8 in the new trucks... Will be interesting to see what happens with the IFS though, as to whether it stays or not.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/10/2011-gm-heavy-duty-pickups-to-feature-new-chassis.html (note, truck pictured is only a mule)
I sure hope the IFS stays, I have been riding around in my buddy's f350 superduty. It rides worse then a semi truck and turns about as well.

#22 ·
BigLou80;823091 said:
I sure hope the IFS stays, I have been riding around in my buddy's f350 superduty. It rides worse then a semi truck and turns about as well.
The superdoody trucks are brutal. Of course they can brag they have 6000 lb springs. I can't believe GM can't put a coil sprung solid axle under their 2500HD and bigger trucks. Some sort of dual progressive concentric coils.

#23 · (Edited)
I just dont get all the solid front axle BS, I want some one to make a logical arguement with some proof as to why a solid front end is so much better.

My ifs holds up my 8'6" EZ V plow with a 5/8 cutting edge just fine. Even with a coil spring front end turning radius will suffer. I for one like plowing with a tighter turning radius, so what if I had to add $150 worth of timbrens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.