Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to apologize for using the wrong terminologies..

But here's the scenario. I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with Fisher HDX MM2. I want to go V blade, like XV2.

I assume I need to only buy the XV2 blade (and head gear?) and drive it in with the same mounts and wiring??... Basically whatever is attached to the truck, stays on the truck and I just buy the unit that's on the ground, connect the wires like I normally do and done.? Or is there more to it?

On the other hand, my cousin has the same truck (which he just sold) and is selling his Western MVP 3 for $3000, everything included (family discount... good price?)...

Bottom line question is,
I want to know what's the better route, switch the whole setup from FISHER HDX to WESTERN MVP3 or just buy the FISHER XV2 (assuming its plug and play)?

Sorry if I'm making this confusing.. just looking for help/answers and not the best with words.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I just reread and saw that you said he had the same truck. So if he is including all the vehicle pieces, $3k is a very good price. You won't need most of the pieces, just the mount, but you might be able to sell the rest of the components to help offset the cost of install. You definitely wont get a new XV2 for anywhere close to $3k, but of course you are comparing new to used

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, but in both scenarios I’ll have to find a way to sell the HDX to help offset costs.

What would you guys do? What are we talking about for costs? I don’t know the prices at all so just using hypothetical numbers.. let’s say XV2 blade costs $5k and if I spend $3k plus $1500 for swapping/install a western MVP3, might be worth it to stay Fisher for the $500 difference.

Am I way off for numbers please let me know.

Side question, What’s a good price to sell a used HDX anyway?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since the only thing you need to swap is the mount, labor should be way, way less than $1500.
oh wow, really? thats all, just the mount? i didn't realize it was just that. Might be definitely worth it if I only spend $3k for the plow and its gotta be 1-2 hours worth of labor to uninstall and reinstall mounts. plus the peace of mind that nothing else was touched under the hood..

Is there a western dealer near you if you have issues with the MVP?
i would think so, my cousin lives only one town over. I"ll ask him.

· Registered
18,088 Posts
What would you guys do? What are we talking about for costs? I don't know the prices at all so just using hypothetical numbers.. let's say XV2 blade costs $5k and if I spend $3k plus $1500 for swapping/install a western MVP3, might be worth it to stay Fisher for the $500 difference.
For $1500 bucks, meet me have way between Illinois and Massachusetts and I will swap your mounts on the side of the interstate... Thumbs Up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.