Has anyone successfully operated a plow on 2019 Ram 2500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Moweze, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

Looking to see if anyone has had a successful installation of a plow and fully functional headlights on a new 2019 Ram 2500. My dealer is having some major issues. Trying to determine if maybe I need to go another route. What have you had success with?

2. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

I've seen quite a few in this area. What are they having problems with?

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

We have one here right now - we are still waiting on the mount which is backordered, but we installed the wiring which went fine. It is identical to previous years and we had no issues.

4. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

I picked it up last night, and they did get the headlights to work. I have a toggle for the plow lights on/low/high. The DRL however are on and will not shut off. Dealer indicates that this is normal (thiss was what they were having all the issues with). I plowed the first snow of the year with only truck lights and that was horrible. Couldn't see the road/lots unless the plow was down.

5. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

This is the first I've heard of this. I have a 16 and everything is wired and works as it should. Mine is a BOSS. Not sure if that matters or not.

6. cwren2472

What brand of plow? The toggle switch is definitely not normal for a new install

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Philbilly2 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

This is on a new Meyer Super V 9.6

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

Seriously... :terribletowel:

I think your dealer is in over their head.

Western1 and Mark Oomkes like this.
  9. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

I can't imagine having to use a toggle switch in s brand setup

10. cwren2472

Heck, he didn't say anything about running a wire to the trailer plug. Maybe on that Meyer the switch IS normal.

icudoucme and Mark Oomkes like this.
  11. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

might be. I think those Meyers the headlights stay on the truckside still.

Been a long time since I have seen one. No one runs them in my area.

12. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

They said they could have used a connection through the trailer plug, however it would still have that same issue. I opted to not as I need to be able to trailer with the plow on.

13. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

This was my option for a local dealer. It's just a little upsetting that you buy a brand new truck with the snow plow up-fitters package and you still have a toggle switch. Other than the headlight issue the plow worked very well on the first storm, going to have to get used to the V-plow operation. My years of experience have been with straight blades.

14. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Hoping it's not the Sabre lights they installed.... Meyer seems to be so behind the innovation curve.

icudoucme likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

It has the Sabre III led lights.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's an understatement.

My 5500 with the new Boss has a switch for truck or plow lights...I kinda like it.

17. cwren2472

If I understood him, it sounds like they couldn't get the factory wiring working so they just hardwired the plow lights to a switch and he has to manually shut the truck lights off, rather than the BOSS toggle that switches between truck & plow. I assume that's why the DRLs are not switching over since they will stay on even in the headlight off position.

18. OP
    OP
    Moweze

Moweze Junior Member

This is correct. Its functional, but not what I was expecting for a $6700 plow setup. Dealer says that the plow configure harness located under the PCB doesn't exist on the 2019 HD's.

19. cwren2472

It did on the one we just did

Does the truck have the plow prep package?

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Kinda figured that too, just wasn't sure the Boss switch was standard.

Being a Meyer who knows but it sounds like your dealer is not so intelligent.

NYH1 likes this.