Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling plow, buyer requests delivery 50 miles away. Only offer, and getting my price. Need it gone sooner than later, so not waiting for closer to season and maybe some local offers. Never transported this far, and it being summer, concerns me. Tips from you all? Thinking just lower it as much as I can, angle it, and watch temps.

· Registered
433 Posts
Selling plow, buyer requests delivery 50 miles away. Only offer, and getting my price. Need it gone sooner than later, so not waiting for closer to season and maybe some local offers. Never transported this far, and it being summer, concerns me. Tips from you all? Thinking just lower it as much as I can, angle it, and watch temps.
You should be fine; highway? Back roads? Check your fluids , some angle plow for airflow etc all our trucks have external coolers never had an issue. We purchased a plow 70 miles away and had no issues what so ever transporting.
My two cents

Reactions: BUFF

· Super Moderator
42,963 Posts
Try to be at the destination early in the morning, keep it low and angled to the right.
Other than that just take it easy and watch temp gauges.
I assume this is the Boss Straight Blade you posted aboot a few weeks ago....

· Registered
1,122 Posts
As long as it's been paid for in advance, no issues. Just keep an eye on engine and trans temp. I move around plows on highway in summer over 75 miles and only have an issue if I'm pulling an enclosed trailer

· Registered
433 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.