1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hand held controller wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Johnnymac, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Johnnymac

Johnnymac Junior Member

i bought western unimount harness is cut off controller and harness under hood , straight blade i need to know where each wire goes thank you johnny mac

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the site. Couple questions, is it a older relay system? That harness is not that expensive. Did you get a controller? How far back in the harness did they cut it off? Is there a red wire that breaks out of the harness? You can go to Western site, the wiring diagrams are there.

3. Johnnymac

Johnnymac Junior Member

Older system 3 pin I got red wire but don't know how to spice in to harness , different colors wires and don't know how to run under hood

4. Johnnymac

Johnnymac Junior Member

I hooked up red wire in dash for controller

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Western makes an extension harness for the controller. You can get that, cut off the appropriate end, and wire it into the harness.

Johnnymac likes this.
  7. Johnnymac

Johnnymac Junior Member

thank you all I will try again tomorrow thanks for help and leads