Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my BOSS poly 7'6" straight blade with the BOSS poly wings. Like new condition. Original cutting edge, led headlights. Comes with mount, harness for new Ram, and controller. $4000

Omega 16' back blade. Like new. Poly cutting edge, light tower with stop/turn/tail and reverse lights. Also has led strobes and led work lights. All on wireless remote. Comes with mount and wiring. $4000

Will sell as a package on 2016 RAM 2500 crew cab Laramie. Loaded. 50k miles. 50k
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Automotive mirror
Automotive tire Bumper Television Gas Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Fender
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
17,749 Posts
I realize that its 100 deg out, but am I out of line on pricing? Have them listed elsewhere and not a single inquiry.
I would say it is your timing. In the middle of a blizzard, getting 4K for a 7.6 poly might happen. When it is 100 degrees out, it will be quite hard to get someone to bite on that deal...

Just my 2 cents

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
I realize that its 100 deg out, but am I out of line on pricing? Have them listed elsewhere and not a single inquiry.
Everything that Phil said.

$4k for a 7.5 plow in July is going to be really tough. Most people with a 3/4 ton are going to want an 8'. If someone doesn't have your Ram 2500, then they are going to be almost $5k into a used 7.5' plow with no warranty, not installed. If you want a fast sale in July, knock about $2k off your asking price.

I've got 8' straight blades (no vehicle side) for $2500 that aren't selling in July.

· Registered
17,749 Posts
Its 9.5' with the wings but get what you're saying. I definitely agree with the time of year. Come October or November they will sell. Was more so curious on the price aspect.
Sorry, it is still a 7.6 for resale purposes.

Wings are something that you add. It is like trying to get money for a lift kit and tires. Someone looking to flip it is going to give you nothing for it, but the right private sale, if you find your guy, you might get some extra money for it?

I would be curious to know what a new 7.6ft differs on price that comes with a warranty?

· Registered
14,949 Posts
I've got 8' straight blades (no vehicle side) for $2500 that aren't selling in July.
You make that an 8'6-11 and you got a deal..

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
4600 for plow only
5800 complete installed.
The problem is that the average guy looking for a used plow isn't the kind of person that would pay for full retail for OEM Boss wings - so the added value to the 7.5' plow of those wings is negligible for resale purposes.

Same thing with the poly - even though the poly is a "premium", the average person looking at used plows is unlikely to pay much extra for it. So you are competing with other, non-winged, steel 7.5' plows on the market.

Please don't think that I care at all what you sell your plow at. It's your plow and you can ask whatever you like. You just asked for public opinion on why you weren't getting any interest at all and we were trying to help you in that regard.

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Reactions: BUFF

· Registered
15,568 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.