government job, i think

Okay, i was approached by my local government, the village officials here. well, they were asking me if i would contract myself out to shovel off delinquent residences. ive been thinking about it today, and ive come up with many pros and cons, just wondering if any others are experienced with this. thanks a lot.

KLMlawn

If the agreemant was that it came after ALL of your customers were serviced, and the pay was worth while, then the only thing left to consider is ... Will They PAY ????payup

well, I wouldnt have to worry about going in til 24 hours after th snow stops falling, the local official would call me with a list of address' to clear. asfar as pay, i ould give the villag a price either by the foot, our, etc and they wuld pay me, then the village would worry about collecting from the individules

Originally posted by KLMlawn
If the agreemant was that it came after ALL of your customers were serviced, and the pay was worth while, then the only thing left to consider is ... Will They PAY ????payup

DITTO........

mike9497

hope its in a good area not worth getting shot.well i should shut up because i plow a set of projects down in the center of new haven.not to bad the police station is right next door.but also make sure they pay and its good pay.plus your regular customers come first.good luck

mike9497

i do.i have a state permit.i also carry a baseball bat.had to show the gun once last year.but other than that its not bad.if im in there at three AM i have a cop come to stay with me until im done.
but i would rather do things out of the city.theres just more money to be made in the city.

mike9497

well when 5 black guys come up to you and you can see that 2 of them have guns in there coat pockets you gotta let them know that your packing to and your at least going to get one round out and one of them will be shot.i have nothing against black people its just a bad area.

mike9497

i don't know about the flash lite but i've seen my uncle do some damage with a slugger batt so thats why i stick with that rather than the flash lite.the bat was recommended by many people that are in my uncles line of work lol lol lol

KLMlawn

Originally posted by Temco
Just curious, whats a "delinquent residence"?

People that are too lazy to shovel the walks themselves .... I would guess there is a town ordinance that in the event of snow, the residents are responsible for making sure that the sidewalk area in front of their house is clear ... silly rule, but it is supposed to save the muni money.

Got Grass?

Trickey, I would do it per ft. & per inch.
Say X ammount per foot for 1-3", X ammount for 3-6" & so on....
Make sure it's worded where the village will pay you no matter what.
If it's set up in any way where the village will collect the funds from the home owner then pay you, screw it.

Per. Hr' I'd have to give that great thought as most walks take only a few mins. and it could get very complicated when billing.

Top Forums