Got this email for a place in Newington CT

Discussion in 'Employment' started by MSsnowplowing, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:02 PM.

1. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing PlowSite.com Addict

Just got this email and passing it along in case anyone is looking for last minute work.
    I'm booked solid and it's a hour drive in good weather just to get there so I'm out.

Company looking is National Maintenance Systems and no I don't how they are as I have never done work for them before.

Email:
    Good afternoon. I'm reaching out because we're looking for emergency services to be performed for the remainder of this storm tonight and tomorrow for the Target located at 3265 Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT.
    We're looking for someone to either go out ASAP and continue to keep up with the site throughout the incoming weather for $1,200, or to take over the site for the season starting immediately for $20,000.

If you're interested please call the office at 844-798-0888 and ask for someone on the Target account! Thank you.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

3. OP
    OP
    MSsnowplowing

LOL, yeah the pricing.
    Hey it's perfect for a one man show with a 80 ford f350 and a tailgate sander

4. Luther

Luther PlowSite Veteran

This is actually awesome news. NSP promising the cheapest price to gain national clients, while being totally unprepared to service them. Let’s hope for more failure out there just like this.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My google satelite skills arent so good in the US. Is this a 5+ acre site?

6. Luther

Luther PlowSite Veteran

On top of it they’re still offering chump change to take it on lol

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  7. prezek

prezek Senior Member

This is somewhat of a rhetorical question, but how have the NSP business models not blown up yet? They may be able to get away with it in my area which is low snow 25-35”, but where a lot of you guys are, these scenarios must happen all the time.

8. Luther

Luther PlowSite Veteran

The procurement people for these national stores are idiots.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  9. NBRam1500

NBRam1500 Member

If they were offering double that I might think about it lol

10. Brndnstffrd

Brndnstffrd Senior Member
    from CT

Not sure if ill be in the area tomarrow but if I am I might have to swing by and see how the bottomfeeders they find did. The lot is literally 2 minutes from Broncslefty7's shop, maybe he can take a look for us.

MSsnowplowing likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    MSsnowplowing

Close to 6 acres

12. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite Fanatic

Here is what you should think about, the numerous complaints about not getting paid at all, very slow pay, partial payments and making you jump through hoops. So it doesnt matter how much they offer it there is no check in the mail.

13. NBRam1500

NBRam1500 Member

50% upfront
    Second half mid January
    No payment no service
    Never put yourself in a situation to lose money

They don't want to pay up front no deal

14. NBRam1500

NBRam1500 Member

All my contracts are paid in full or 50% first week of November
    If they don't confirm via payment then they are cut
    There are lots of other customers who want the service and will pay.

If there is a dispute or issue with service that's a different story but usually can be resolved pretty easy

15. CookCook20

CookCook20 Junior Member

Hey @NBRam1500, you get all of your customers to pay 50% up front? Are they commercial customers or residential?

Philbilly2 likes this.
  16. NBRam1500

NBRam1500 Member

Only 8 of them are commercial lots at a set seasonal price.. just snow removal no salting

17. Brndnstffrd

Brndnstffrd Senior Member
    from CT

As an update I didn't make it out that way till today, and of course i forgot to drop in and take a look. :dizzy:

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

They are slowly starting to implode. Surprised it is taking as long as it is, but it's happening.

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wait until you get serious commercial customers. They don't pay 50% up front, they don't pay 25% up front.

I have one route that has 2 accounts, it is done with a Kubota M125X with a HLA 10-16' and 16' Ebling. Do you really think that both of those accounts are going to pay 50% before the season starts?

I will say all my residentials pay 100% up front. But commercials? You're dreaming and don't understand the real world.

20. NBRam1500

NBRam1500 Member

Were talking 100 parking spots and under.
    Were not doing big commercial lots

Strip malls and small businesses here have no issue paying 50\50 when they are getting a Seasonal rate.

All at 5 cm triggers