• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Good snowthrowers

danthemowerman

I'm 17 and have been cutting grass for the past five years. Anyway I've desided that I would like to remove snow in my area. The drives around here are about 20x40 and I would like to know what are some good quality 2 stage snow throwers that you professional guys would recomend me using.
I would appreciate any help you can give me, THANKS!
:p :p

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Dan, if you'll do a "Search" using keyword "snowblower" there are several goods threads discussing and comparing models. Also, I think Chuck has a good discussion of snowblower on his website "Chuck's Chevy Page".

jimsmowin

i have been using cub cadet [no tracks] 30" wide. have had good luck with them. look for a blower with greese zerks. cheepie ones don't have these. 2nd is repair availbity. no cub cadet dealer close? buy another brand. watch how wide blower is compaired to walk width. ex. 45" blower - 48" walks - car parks head in over walk - hence 45" blower is too wide. wish they would build 36" blower. there are other good blowers out there. 30" is good overall width.

PlowSite.com Addict
Mick - you're right, Chuck has a "Snowblower Comparison" on his snowplowing site: www.snowplowing-contractors.com . You can also link to that site from right here - at the top of the page, it says "Chevy & Plow - Chuck Smith". Click on Chuck Smith and it'll take you to his snowplowing site.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Thanks, Rob. I thought I was going to have to retract that. I just spent about ten minutes roaming around Chuck's site and the Diesel page. Didn't find the snowblower section but I knew I'd seen it. I always get distracted there. I should have thought about there being a link on this site.