Snow Plowing Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,818 Posts
Yes,
If I accidentally delete a pic from fishing
I know that I have a back up copy stored on Plowsite, There's a much lower chance of plow site being hacked by the Russians than the icloud..
As soon as they see how much I get stuck and my truck being in the shop, and breakdowns, maybe they'll feel sorry for me and back off.

·
Registered
51,674 Posts
Reactions: BUFF

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Crossed that bridge years ago. Could care less who knows what.

I just don’t want to learn another new thing this decade. I’m working hard to become a quality old codger.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Oh I’m good man. More relaxed than I have been in years. I’ve been perfecting my 0-100 policy the last decade. I’m getting pretty good at it-just ask the local ambulance “drivers” I yell at ha!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I figured out a couple years ago it didn’t matter if I stressed. People would be whatever no matter what so now I am who I am.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Update after the first 6 weeks:
1.solid system, smart purchase. This truck is not an oversized pickup based vehicle, rather a smaller heavy class truck. In other words, very stable with loads on, huge turning radius, strong, bouncy, large lid capacity.
2. Switch and go is fantastic. We now have a 14’ multi purpose body and three 16’ dumpsters. Logical, well thought out system.
3. all things being equal, next time we are going with a hydraulic hoist and hydro winch. As great as this system is, hydro is better. I will be asking the rep on conversion cost down the line.
4. Switch and go is a force multiplier on cleanup jobs and for our company.
5. negatives: the duramax engine break is crap after running Cummins for years. Cost is huge to purchase cans and this setup. Turning radius means being careful where you go with a trailer on.

Since taking delivery I decided to offer a private dumpster service to some businesses locally to generate cash flow. To date this setup has hauled our 306 cr to multiple jobs, moved rock, dirt, tree tops and brush, snow, etc with no issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any insight on the turning radius compared to a Ram 5500? Don't Rams have some kind of "wide track" front end they brag about helping with the turning radius?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
The turning radius of the 6500 is way different than the 5500 ram. For example: 6500 chevy need 4.2-4.5 lanes to U turn. 5500 Ram only needs 3 or so. Part of the comparison isn’t apples to apples. My 6500 is a 108 CA, the ram I drove was 24” or so shorter. That being said, I did drive a shorter wheelbase 2wd 6500 and it still wasn’t close on radius.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Update after our first 6 months or so.
Truck continues to gain power thankfully-almost 5k miles on it now.
Truck is still tight, quiet and consistent hauling.
Concerned about the DEF heater failing if its the same as the class 2-3 trucks. Everyone I know who has a new duramax in the smaller rigs has had to do them, most multiple times.
Should finally getting our dump and flatbed next week. It’ll expand the capability of the truck.
Overall we are impressed.

·
Registered
51,674 Posts
Zip ties or hose clamps...

• Helpful
Reactions: BUFF
81 - 100 of 103 Posts