Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a backup truck go down. With parts being an issue-not to mention the formerly reliable local dealer on the fritz, I’m going deep.

Setting up the purchase of a Chevy 6500 WT 6x6 Dmax, 108” cab to axle. 33k GVW, 37K towing, 4.30 rears, LSD, etc. She’s being built with a 12’ switch and go series 2 hoist. Unfortunately I did have to compromise a bit: electric over hydraulic hoist, electric winch, factory street tires.

Getting a flatbed, mason dump, one container to start. Being wired for Fisher plow and sander but will be the secondary backup for the fleet.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Got to spend it to make it

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll be the frontline construction truck. Snow time it'll sit most storms. Like i said above-I have plenty of pickups. I wouldn't know what to do with another right now. Not enough backup plow truck operators. So this will sit in the winter, give me one up on the competition, and make me sleep better at night knowing I have my clients batter taken care of.

Yeah @WIPensFan I will send videos.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
It'll be the frontline construction truck. Snow time it'll sit most storms. Like i said above-I have plenty of pickups. I wouldn't know what to do with another right now. Not enough backup plow truck operators. So this will sit in the winter, give me one up on the competition, and make me sleep better at night knowing I have my clients batter taken care of.

What's your primary line of work?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

Yeah man! I love that reasoning. That's how I was too, lots of backup options to lessen the stress.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@m_ice we are primarily a custom log and timber frame home builder. Starting my business in 2007 [I know that took brains] meant securing alternate revenue streams. Snow has been one of those streams. It continues to grow.

As the local market evolves and my workforce along with it, we are transitioning to more and more specialty work like precision dirt work, landscaping, renovations for high end clientele.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
@m_ice we are primarily a custom log and timber frame home builder. Starting my business in 2007 [I know that took brains] meant securing alternate revenue streams. Snow has been one of those streams. It continues to grow.

As the local market evolves and my workforce along with it, we are transitioning to more and more specialty work like precision dirt work, landscaping, renovations for high end clientele.
Timber frame homes are pretty sweet

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As an update:

Not local dealer came back with an outrageous interest rate [9.39%]. Told them to stuff it. Last truck was used and only paid 3.49%/60 months. I was paying for almost the entire upfit for this new truck.

So now I'm having a local dealer get me lead time and pricing for the same truck but with, I'm told, an interest rate in line with the last truck purchase with financing anything I want upfit wise.

In the meantime we took the $ for the upfit and paid off a pickup before the calendar turned to get rid of a payment.

Not local dealers can be real crap.

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
What about your bank?

Ours has come in better than dealer financing for the last 2 trucks I didn't pay cash for.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What about your bank?

Ours has come in better than dealer financing for the last 2 trucks I didn't pay cash for.
Working on that. They require 3 years of financials to write a truck loan which is garbage IMO but I'm currently having the bean counters prep the paperwork.

I should have just bought a truck from CAT.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 103 Posts