Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
1,000 Posts
my town looks like it's half 1-3, half 3-6. i'm right on the coast so i bet 1-3". funny thing is in the newspaper today they have a picture of one of the new Sterlings with a plow on and chains. I fixed both snowblowers working as of wednesday, flyers up, and enough gas in the truck right now. i've been getting quite a bit of interest in plowing, but i'll see how i make out.

if we get this storm it will be my first time out plowing, so i'm going to take it slow and learn as i go.

my snowblowers will be topped off tomorrow, my 5 gallon pails of ice ban topped off and the truck will be driven into the plow tomorrow night with the pins in, jack down. if we get anything, hook up 4 connectors, pull the jack. if we get nothing plowable, pull the pins and go to school monday.

personally, since i live on the coast i think we'll end up with 3". where i work i bet we get 6".

i think that post was long enough, but since i can officially be a plower on plowsite i wanted to voice my thoughts on what be my first snowfall plowing.

bryan

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
5,539 Posts
Good luck, Snow. Hope you have better luck than I did last year. Got talked into doing a long drive for $40 that should have been at least $80, mainly cause I hadn't set a price in advance. First year I chaulked up to "learning".

The Weatherbug alarm was flashing when I got up this morning. Shows 3"-6" for tonight. It was pretty accurate last year.

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
2,153 Posts
Im in them middle of the 6-12 zone according to millenium weather,but weather channel is saying 4-7 now,last night they said 1-2.I dont think they know what we are going to get yet,Im ready either way.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Got one spreader loaded with salt ready to do some pre apps. Plows are all on. Lots of contractors calling to get sand. Plus a few last minute residentials this morning.

Supposed to start here around 4-6pm. Looks like the first full event for me.

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
2,153 Posts
This is a fast mover,and will dump a lot of snow real fast according to TWC.It should be out of here by midnight according to them,giving us time to clean everything up before morning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
IM with BERKS. Got to get the plow put on to push all the water
out of the parking lots tonight. This sucks! I get so sick of the weather forcasting in the mid-atlantic. Im not going to watch anymore, just going to wait till i see white stuff. It is the worst when you get everything ready only to have rain, this happens every time.
CaptJack

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
1,000 Posts
i got back from the fire dept. put a 5 gallon pail of ice ban in the truck, 2 25lb bags of salt, a shovel, and a coffee can to spread the salt with.

as long as we get something to plow i'll be happy tomorrow.

Bryan

here's a pic of my truck at the fire station next to the assistant cheifs plow truck

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.